Where are all the Manxters ??

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Hi Guys,

My name is Brad and I am about to start building Manxters in Australia. I am also moving the Meyers Manx Register online for Bruce and Winnie and was just wondering where all the Manxters are hiding. Out of over 120 sold there seems to be only 1 or two on here. Any idea on where I might find info on all the others ?

I am very keen on getting the Register up to date with a few pictures of each manxter before they get any older and go the way of the old Manx's where many of them are just unknow.

Any help would be great.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Welcome to the site Brad,

I have a Manxter Dual Sport and it is a blast to drive. There was 2 other Dual Sports at Calico. I still waiting to see more of them on runs.

I have a friend that has a Manxter 2+2 that does not live to far from me that has not finished it yet. And he bought it a year before I bought my Dual sport.

I am sure that there are others in the same postion of not being finished. My Dual Sport is not really finished I keep changing things. The latest is with a Subaru 2.5Liter transplant that I really like.

The Big Bear run seems to have more Manxter's show up then other places.

Are you coming over with Mick and Andrew?
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Hi,

No can do on the visit with Mick and Andrew, I am coming over teh following month for a flying visit to pack all the Manxter kits into a shipping container to ship back to OZ.

Any chance you can get any pics and the numbers of the Manxters you know of ?

To give you an idea of what I am doing you can see the rough in at www.meyersmanx.info as I begin to upload all the info and pics I can find into some sort of order. It would be awesome if I could get #1 through to #127 in there and then maintain it as they sell more. I know from experience with the Manx's if you don't get onto it as early as possible it becomes very hard very quick. I am only around half way into scanning the thousands of pictures Winnie sent me for the registry.

Cheers,
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Hey Brad - Here is Manxter #19 - a 2+2.

I also know of a sea spray metalic Dual Sport body that is sitting in a buddies backyard in an enclosed trailer, but I'm not sure of the number.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Jon,

Do I spy a green metalflake buggy in your garage?
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Thanks Jon, do you have any details on the Build ? Your 2+2 must be one of the few out there running a Dual Sports Cage and lift kit. I have added you in at #19 - http://meyersmanx.info/G3/index.php/Manxter-2-2-Pictures/Manxter-Build-Diaries

Any more ??
Last edited by Manx-Australia on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
dcamomanx

Post by dcamomanx »

Here is few pics of our manxter #36Doran

ImageImageImage

Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Cheers Doran I have added yours in. Do you have any build specs on it I can add ?
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

jsturtlebuggy wrote:Jon,
Do I spy a green metalflake buggy in your garage?
That is my father in law's Signature Manx #27.  Just helping him out to get it completed.  I'm trying to get him to Big Bear.

GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Manx Australia wrote:Thanks Jon, do you have any details on the Build ? Your 2+2 must be one of the few out there running a Dual Sports Cage and lift kit. I have added you in at #19 - http://meyersmanx.info/G3/index.php/Manxter-2-2-Pictures/Manxter-Build-Diaries

Any more ??
The site looks great Brad.  My 2+2 was built before the Dual Sport was available.  I built my own chasis and modified the 2+2 cage as needed.

Here is an album of most of the build pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/gotmanx/Manxter/

This is another Manxter that I helped out with a little bit:

I believe it is officially Manxter #00, but I'm not sure if it has an ID tag.  Bob "Towd Dude" is the owner now.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/gotmanx/Baja%20Manxter/

Last edited by GotManx on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Here is a picture of Manxter #16.  This is the original body Kathleen purchased in 2002.

Here is a picture of what it looks like now.  She sold the body and it was put on another chassis.

And here is a picture of manxter #16B.  This body had to be purchased to have all matching gelcoat body parts for the Subaru engine conversion.

Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

Jon,
The Baja Manxter (as I call it) does have a tag, it is "001". You and your team, Bruce, Andy, Phil and others I can't name did a magnificent job in building a little piece of history. With a little bit of luck it will be coming out of retirement latter this summer, not to race but just to enjoy.

Thanks again,
Bob "Towd Dude"
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Cheers Guys, I think even these few posts have highlighted why I am so keen to collect all this stuff now before it gets any later. There are Manxter pics and info all over the place and no central repository for potential owners and buggy builders to sit, look and dream.

Hopefully this will work out well.

Now if only I could get a picture of a Manxter in Shimmering Sands colour as that is what I think I will buy.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

towd dude wrote:Jon,
The Baja Manxter (as I call it) does have a tag, it is "001". You and your team, Bruce, Andy, Phil and others I can't name did a magnificent job in building a little piece of history. With a little bit of luck it will be coming out of retirement latter this summer, not to race but just to enjoy.

Thanks again,
Bob "Towd Dude"
Thanks for the info Bob, it would be great if we could get some more pictures. I have uploaded the ones I have and given your buggy its rightful position as Number 1 in the DS Cue.

jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Brad,
Bob's Baja Manxter is 001 Manxter 2+2.   It is not a Manxter Dual Sport.
Bruce has the first Manxter Dual Sport #000
Bob DeNault has Manxter Dual Sport #001
Joseph
Manx Club #1095