Manxter 2+2 Fuel Tank Options

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
TSFR

Manxter 2+2 Fuel Tank Options

Post by TSFR »

I'm looking for stock location fuel tank options. I'm going to have a Subaru engine so I need a return line and would like some extra capacity.
Do I have any options that can be purchased?
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
DIESELDOOG

Re: Manxter 2+2 Fuel Tank Options

Post by DIESELDOOG »

turnkeymanx.com or do a search for posts by manx-australis.
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

I was hoping for someplace in the states. I saw there work and its amazing, but I didn't see where they were still offering it for sale.
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Last time I checked, Valley Center, California was still in the USA.

From their website:

"Turn Key Manx is Californian Based business that specializes is bringing Meyers Manx related buggy parts and accessories to market. Turn Key Manx specializes in engineering solutions to make building a Meyers Manx Buggy a reality for even the most novice of builders with the bare minimum of tools and resources."

Joe
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Turn Key may have combined with Meyers Manx Inc. you might try to contact them that way.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Vegas-Roy

Post by Vegas-Roy »

Jeff, I bought one through Winnie that came from TurnKey. It has aluminum supports where the suction and return line go but the fittings are left out so you van tape your own. There is plenty of room to install a fuel sensor, as to what ever you want. Being aluminum, I think it was a little expensive, high capacity but should last a long while.
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

Sadly, I have already called and spoken with Winnie who said they no longer produce the tanks.
That sounds exactly what I'm looking for. The AUS group was selling it for $500 AUS , after us conversion and shipping would've been way to expensive.
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Jeff - we can supply you with the details of the Rock Valley SS tank that is in Kathleen's Manxter if you can get past the $1000.00 + price. With today's gas, I don't think an aluminum tank is a good idea. Tom
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

Tom-Kathleen wrote:Jeff - we can supply you with the details of the Rock Valley SS tank that is in Kathleen's Manxter if you can get past the $1000.00 + price. With today's gas, I don't think an aluminum tank is a good idea. Tom
Hi Tom, any details will be appreciated, if nothing else it will be an option to see what is out there. What is the capacity?
Jeff
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Jeff - here is the full story about the fuel tank. We started with a design in aluminum from Oliver Hemple (this is in the candy orange Manxter now owned by Bruce Meyers). After the shop that made Oliver's tank would not make another one, we went to Rock Valley to make one out of SS. After looking at the 1st design, I thought the lower part of the tank needed more suspension clearance, so I shortened it @ 3/4". This is reflected in the b/p that Rock Valley made. When we got the tank and put it in the car, the hood would not shut, so we cut off the flange and lowered it @ 1/2". This is not in the b/p. The invoice # from Rock Valley is 101999 dated 3/13/2008. Based on that information, they should be able to make another tank. The cost was $1030.13 in 2008. The capacity is 11 - 12 gallons. Tom

TSFR

Post by TSFR »

Thanks Tom, that looks more like art! :clap:

I talked to Nate at TurnKey and he said they will make more tanks even though its not on the website (which they are reworking). They will be the aluminum 15GL made for FI. When I find out more information I will post it up.
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

TSFR wrote:I talked to Nate at TurnKey and he said they will make more tanks even though its not on the website (which they are reworking). They will be the aluminum 15GL made for FI. When I find out more information I will post it up.
Well BALLS!! :crazy: The vendor is no longer producing there tank. :?

Looks like I will be contracting someone to reproduce Toms tank...
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Try these guys for a new tank

Rock Valley Antique
Auto Parts, Inc.
Route 72 & Rothwell Rd.
Box 352
Stillman Valley, IL 61084

Phone: 815-645-2271
Fax: 815-645-2740

Toll Free Order Lines
(800) 344-1934
(877) 990-3673
Brad

Post by Brad »

I figure I should post up here so there is no confusion.

I was the guy building the tanks and decided to stop as it got to the point where even at the rock bottom price people were complaining about the price so instead of bitching I simply smiled and stopped making them. Certain people said one to many times oh I can get one made for $300 so I decided it was best to let them go and try.

I may have caused some confusion as my response to most who asked after the event was sure I can make you a tank but now it is custom and not production prices start at $1000 not $500 as previously listed. Funnily enough no one took me up on the offer.

I have no intention of making them in quantity again and am more than happy to share my cad files if Club Members want them. I must warn though they are for a RHD vehicle and all I did was fold the sides backwards for a LHD so no change to the CAD file.

I do have a shop in SOCAL that quoted me $750 ea if I had them do 5 at a time - http://crbalumifab.com/ if people are interested Kurt still has my CAD files and I am happy to give him a call if 5 people want them.

Sorry for any confusion with availability etc.
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

Thanks for clearing that up Brad! :wink:
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR