HW Collection grows...

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
manxdavid

HW Collection grows...

Post by manxdavid »

A recent extensive tour of just about every Walmart and Target store in the Southern States of the US netted a couple of additions to the HW Manx collection, I've got a couple in all available colours now plus all four Jada Manxters and two different Matchbox Baja Buggies... I've got a couple of spares if you want some Mel... :rock: Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Hi ya Dave,,, how was the 'Redneck Riviera' ?? :hello: yup, put me down for a couple of HW spares, don't mail them, wait until our little buggy BBQ meet in the garden & bring them along then ,,,,, hope your coming,, everyones welcome :drinking:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Destin etc was way cool!!! See you in September then!!! One of us should do a write up for Manxmania if all goes well.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
tat99

Post by tat99 »

the latest color variation from hot wheels on the manx is a yellowish green color with lots of flames. looks alot like the color on one of the down and dirty variations but with regular wheels more graphics. i think it is in the web trading car series with the red color code on the side of the card.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="tat99"]the latest color variation from hot wheels on the manx is a yellowish green color with lots of flames. looks alot like the color on one of the down and dirty variations but with regular wheels more graphics. i think it is in the web trading car series with the red color code on the side of the card.[/QUOTE] Thanx, I'll look out for that... I just found another variation on the matchbox buggy, a metallic red one in a boxed set (I hate it when they do that!!!) ; the first one I've seen in the UK.
Manx-Australia

sweet !!

Post by Manx-Australia »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]A recent extensive tour of just about every Walmart and Target store in the Southern States of the US netted a couple of additions to the HW Manx collection, I've got a couple in all available colours now plus all four Jada Manxters and two different Matchbox Baja Buggies... I've got a couple of spares if you want some Mel... :rock: Image[/QUOTE] Looking very cool .. but aren't there at least 8 Jada Manxters ?
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Iguana"]Looking very cool .. but aren't there at least 8 Jada Manxters ?[/QUOTE] I'm not sure, none have been officially released here in the UK yet so I've only got what I've found when I've been on vacation in the US.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]I'm not sure, none have been officially released here in the UK yet so I've only got what I've found when I've been on vacation in the US.[/QUOTE] Pretty sure there are 8. 4 with white walls and no roof and 4 with mags and hard tops. I will get a picture of each one for you and post when I get home.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Iguana"]Pretty sure there are 8. 4 with white walls and no roof and 4 with mags and hard tops. I will get a picture of each one for you and post when I get home.[/QUOTE] I thought there were four 1/64th scale and four 1/24th scale ones. I may be wrong though. I think the bigger ones would fill up my cabinet too quickly. :D
Manx-Australia

mmm

Post by Manx-Australia »

Destin ,,,, no wonder Wall Mart didn;t have any left when I went to look.... Wish I had of khonw you where here I coulod have said G'day.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Iguana"]Destin ,,,, no wonder Wall Mart didn;t have any left when I went to look.... Wish I had of khonw you where here I coulod have said G'day.[/QUOTE] Best place I found was a toy shop (K-B) I think- in the Silver Sands outlet mall in Destin. The Van's shoe shop's really cheap too. Good eats at Cheeseburger in Paradise as well. :rock:
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Not a Jada, Matchbox, or HW but a buggy none-the-less. Found this at Cracker Barrel over the weekend. Unfortunately Dave, I didn't see any Cracker Barrels in the UK on my trip in Dec. Bud Image
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="madmanx"]Not a Jada, Matchbox, or HW but a buggy none-the-less. Found this at Cracker Barrel over the weekend. Unfortunately Dave, I didn't see any Cracker Barrels in the UK on my trip in Dec. Bud Image[/QUOTE] I thought Cracker Barrels were restaurants??? Hey, I went to Wilmington, stayed for two very enjoyable nights at the Golden Sands hotel at Carolina Beach; my wife took a class at the university as she does work over the internet with them. Shame I couldn't call by!!! Maybe next time??? The aquarium's cool as is the river front with the old paddle steamer; nice place.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]I thought Cracker Barrels were restaurants??? Hey, I went to Wilmington, stayed for two very enjoyable nights at the Golden Sands hotel at Carolina Beach; my wife took a class at the university as she does work over the internet with them. Shame I couldn't call by!!! Maybe next time??? The aquarium's cool as is the river front with the old paddle steamer; nice place.[/QUOTE] Dave, Yes they are restaurants, but they also have a country store that you have to walk through on your way to and from the food :eat: It's one more way to relieve you of a few $$'s before you go. That is a bummer that we didn't connect while you were here. There are a few of us that are trying to informally organize and have cruise-ins, car shows, and parades (check out my gallery for picts of each). We would have loved to host you and your wife around town. When you were down town you were within 1/2 mile from my work (the tallest building in town on the river front). Double bummer! Please let me know if you make it back this way. Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Here we are on the waterfront, I can't see you waving though Bud!!! Image I did make a couple of car shows while I was touring around, a Mustang show in Pensacola and the big Classic and Street Rod show at the NASCAR track in Charlotte. We're really smitten by Charlotte Beach and I'm sure we'll be back one day...