094 Mid-Shifter

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
CairoManx

094 Mid-Shifter

Post by CairoManx »

I've got some questions for Jon(GotManx). I've picked up an 091 mid-shifter (4 speed) and plan on putting it in a Manx 2 with a tube steel chassis similar to yours. I saw in the pictures (below) of your 094 mid-shifter (5 speed) project that you have a cable type throw out arm. Is it a direct replacement fit for the hydraulic type throw out arm. Are you using a cable or a pull type clutch slave cylinder? Will a clutch cable clear the reverse indicator switch? Is the 5 speed in your Manxter? Is your shift system working well? Image
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I'm not sure what the hydralic arm looks like. I got my trans from Weddle and I believe they changed out the bell housing to the 091 bus. I am using a CNC slave for the clutch and it is tight with the reverse switch. I had to shorten the threaded adjusting shaft a little bit. The trans is in my Manxter and the linkage is working great. I still need to take my car apart to finish up stuff and get the cage painted. I plan on cleaning up the linkage and tweaking it a little bit when I have everything apart. Let me know if you have other questions or need help getting it to work.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Do you have a Bugpack rear transaxle mount? Did you have to drill and tap another hole for the fixed mount for the CNC slave cylinder? I think your bellhousing is from a 094 or 1980 or later 091. The earlier ones didn't have the two big cut away tube shapes on the bottom inside of the housing. Below is a 78 Image
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I made my own tranny mount that uses urethane bushings. I also made a mount for the slave cylinder using the stock tapped hole and one of the bolts on the reverse switch. I'm not totally sure on the bellhousing. You're probably right. I've actually had the tranny for quite a few years and don't remember all the details.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[QUOTE="GotManx"]I made my own tranny mount that uses urethane bushings. I also made a mount for the slave cylinder using the stock tapped hole and one of the bolts on the reverse switch.[/QUOTE] Excellent. I'll do the same. Thanks!