Brazillian beams

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Olli

Brazillian beams

Post by Olli »

I used a Brazillian "Puma" beam from CB. It is a functional piece with built in adjusters. One big problem though, it sure ain't pretty. The towers have ugly spot welds and the top shock pad is just tacked on. The paint leaves a lot to be desired too. If you have one of these check to make sure that the front of the side intrusion beam mounting clamp fits. I found that there was a bracket that neaded to be trimmed so that the clamp would fit. Oh, and how about those upper grease zirks? I had the beam media blasted and then went to town. Here are some pictures. Olli Image Image Image Image
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

Oli, You are right about them looking ugly. Thanks for the heads up on the side bars. I forgot that I bought one for my Berrien frame for the Manx and after I cut off the bump stop, it still wouldn't fit the frame. But I swear that one look a lot better then this one. I might go looking for a german one. Thanks again Gary
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

We had the same problem with the clamps. At first I thought it was the Manxter kit that was the problem. I didn't know we had a CB beam because I got it from a guy at work who needed a link pin beam but bought a ball joint by mistake. But then I found out the grease fittings were not in the same place as a VW made beam. The correct solution is to weld the holes up and drill & tap new ones. We cut the clamps. Live & learn. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)