Questions about Big Bear in July 07

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Tom-Kathleen

Questions about Big Bear in July 07

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Kathleen & I are thinking seriously about attending the Big Bear Event in July 2007. Yes, we are going to do it the "crazy way" and drive the Manxter from CT and then back home after the event. Can you say "7,000 mile road trip"? The prime question for now is - what is considered the "host" hotel / motel for this event? Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

We stayed at the Motel 6 last year for the run and it was a nightmare i wouldn't recommend it. there are lots of cabins and better hotels to stay in. you will love the area and the runs are beautiful. there are alot of people who stay at holloways rv park and have a great potluck on sat. nite. everyone is invited. Just my .02 cents Dale
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

We got a little cabin last year and the price wasn't much more than a hotel. It was near town and Camp Tanda. There are a lot of vacation rental cabins in and around Big Bear. There are several management companies that handle the cabin rentals. We used http://www.bigbearvacations.com/ where you can check availibility and price along with pictures of the cabin and location.
Lee

Post by Lee »

This is where we camped the Friday night before the '06 Big Bear Bash. It was nice and peaceful: Image In the morning, we packed up camp and headed for Camp Tanda. It took about an hour to get there. Obviously, not everyone is up to something that hard core especially after driving across the country, but the point is there are other ways to deal with the issue, especially if you aren't tied down by an RV.
fubar

Post by fubar »

I think I would rather sleep in the dirt with snakes and scorpions than stay in a Motel 6. It has always been worth the extra $50 to stay in a Best Western. Except for the one in St Anthony, Idaho.. it was pretty skanky. the good thing about a Motel 6 is that the people in the next room making meth will keep you awake all night so you can watch your rig................
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks for the advice. Reservations have been made, and you guys were right, slim pickings already! We will be staying at the Big Bear Lakefront Lodge. The Motel 6 still has space, but thanks for the warning. Now all we have to do is survive the 2800 + mile trip. If all goes well, we'll see you there! Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

[QUOTE="Tom Kathleen"]Kathleen & I are thinking seriously about attending the Big Bear Event in July 2007. Yes, we are going to do it the "crazy way" and drive the Manxter from CT and then back home after the event. Can you say "7,000 mile road trip"? The prime question for now is - what is considered the "host" hotel / motel for this event? Tom[/QUOTE] you can call hollaways thay will help