Who has the biggest collection???

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
mel hubbard

Who has the biggest collection???

Post by mel hubbard »

Does anyone know who has the largest collection of Meyers creations?? My buddy Richard Bell,,, an English guy that moved to Cal recently told me he bought a real nice Toad from a guy in Texas who owned a mega large collection of Meyers creations. I forgot the guys name that (he told me) he bought it from,, maybe he's on here,,,, it seems that guy owns more Manx's than my ol Baja buddies Richard & Gina Brown :cool:
manxfwin

Who has the biggest collection

Post by manxfwin »

I know Mike in Hartford City,Indiana last year had 10 or 15 complete Manx buggies and a Manx body still in the original shipping crate,he's got quite a collection. :rock:
Rick Leddon

I have about 40

Post by Rick Leddon »

Hi I'm the guy from Texas that sold Richard Bell the tow'd. I have about 40 Manx's right now. I bought all of the buggies that Mike had in Indiana, which was about 15. One of them was the NOS still in boxes. Another was built, Metelflake black, but never finished or driven. I have sold about 20 in the past year and am going to sell another 10 or 12. I have been sometimes selling really nice original Manx, but for the most part they have been project manxs. I've had has many has 50 at one time. I am still collecting, I'm have two delivered tomorrow. I am trying to just buy real nice, original gelcoats at this point and sell off some of the lesser buggies. I have a warehouse I keep most of them in. I have a total of 3 NOS bodies. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I guess I need to build them, but it's hard to drill that first hole. I haven't been that active in the club, but I have made it to one outing and had a great time. Many club members have given me advice and support. Everyone I have meant have been great. I am hoping to be more involved in the future. The club has been great. Rick
fubar

Post by fubar »

Wow! I thought I had a problem................................ Perhaps you could explain to my wife why we need a wherehouse instead of a beach house???
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Rick Leddon"]Hi I'm the guy from Texas that sold Richard Bell the tow'd. I have about 40 Manx's right now. I bought all of the buggies that Mike had in Indiana, which was about 15. One of them was the NOS still in boxes. Another was built, Metelflake black, but never finished or driven. I have sold about 20 in the past year and am going to sell another 10 or 12. I have been sometimes selling really nice original Manx, but for the most part they have been project manxs. I've had has many has 50 at one time. I am still collecting, I'm have two delivered tomorrow. I am trying to just buy real nice, original gelcoats at this point and sell off some of the lesser buggies. I have a warehouse I keep most of them in. I have a total of 3 NOS bodies. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I guess I need to build them, but it's hard to drill that first hole. I haven't been that active in the club, but I have made it to one outing and had a great time. Many club members have given me advice and support. Everyone I have meant have been great. I am hoping to be more involved in the future. The club has been great. Rick[/QUOTE] Hi Rick :hello: its a small world,,, Richard told me you had a big collection,, but i never knew it was that BIG :eek: ,, My buddy Dave Jones has the biggest collection in UK I think,,, he has two :D
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Hi I'm the guy from Texas that sold Richard Bell the tow'd. I have about 40 Manx's right now. ...
Not that we don't believe you but how about some pictures of that collection or at least the NOS ones...? I'd love to see that! [edit: sp]
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Dave,,, Im trying to email you some pics of Richards yellow Toad that he sent me yesterday,,, BIG pics,, having trouble sending em. Hope you and Pete are not on your way to Texas right now for a buy up :drinking:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Hi Rick :hello: its a small world,,, Richard told me you had a big collection,, but i never knew it was that BIG :eek: ,, My buddy Dave Jones has the biggest collection in UK I think,,, he has two :D[/QUOTE] Thanks for the compliment but one of mine's a rip-off remember... Can't wait for the pics. I'll post 'em here if I can...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)