Manxter windshield?

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter windshield?

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

What is the windshield in the Manxter? Is it an actual beetle windshield
Grumpy One.rbcdunebuggy

Manxter windshield?

Post by Grumpy One.rbcdunebuggy »

The Manxter windshield is glass.  Only Bruce & Winnie know the source window that it is cut from, and they are not telling.  I do know it is not a SB.
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter windshield?

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

hmm.. so if it busts one would be SoL?
Grumpy One.rbcdunebuggy

Manxter windshield?

Post by Grumpy One.rbcdunebuggy »

Speaking from experience, a replacement is no problem.  A quick phone call to Winnie, a good credit card, and it was at the Greyhound bus stop in a week.
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter windshield?

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Thanks Grumpy. I'm considering getting a Manxter and I'm just looking at all the possible future problems. I wish Bruce had used a pre-existing windshield, if they ever shut down operations Manxter owners are going to be in trouble when they chip a windshield.
Tom-Kathleen

Manxter windshield?

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Here's a tip - when you buy the kit, buy an extra windshield.  Yes, we have an extra, just in case.  I even have an extra for the Kick-Out SS, you never know when they will stop making them.    Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
73SpeedBuggy

Manxter windshield?

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking Tom.
towd-dude

Manxter windshield?

Post by towd-dude »

Rumor has it they are cut down from a Toyota truck, but which one ???? Rumor further has it they are cut out of country. But, this is all right out of "Rumor Control".
Bob

Manxter windshield?

Post by 1856 »

Bruce and Winnie are reasonable folks and a simple call to them would answer that question.
Mark
billloftin

Manxter windshield?

Post by billloftin »

I would not worry about windshields in Manxters as I have let every one" drive my Manxter "like they stole the Manxter" and every thing but windshield has been dinked. When you buy the kit just take the windshield to a glass place and have a pattern made.  I don't mind give B/W a few bucks. Bruce put lots of design work  into the Manxter and Winnie puts lots of effort in keeping Bruce working/focused. 
Thanks Bruce!!

I have enjoy my buggys every day.

ClaraBill
Manxter # 22-03, ManxVair(AKA theTrongomobile, an attomatic) and a GlitterBug that my father helped me build in 1969. I just got a 93 Subaru 2.5 L ,AKA donor car. 
ClaraBill  
Last edited by billloftin on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom-Kathleen

Manxter windshield?

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

ClaraBill - does that mean your Manxter is going to be a Manxter S soon?  If you need tips, let me know.  Or, go to the Mammoth lakes event & check out Kathleen's car in person.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)