I Tow'd you I need some Help!

Share with others how to make your Tow'd a prince.
Oz-Towdster

Re: I Tow'd you I need some Help!

Post by Oz-Towdster »

Steve can you remove the front end and take some detailed pics of the damage to the main halo , as it may not be as bad as it currently looks , as it looks like the drivers side beam bolts have been partially torn out too which amplifies how far back the beam is sitting on the passengers side .
My car here in Australia had a similar accident back in the 80's and was repaired and although not done properly back then i have since repaired the area as much as i could without using a replacement chassis which is NOT available in Australia and then for the final squaring up of the beam i used two different thickness flat bars folded and welded to the front of the original Towd beam mount with obviosly the thicker flat bar being used on the passengers side of your car.
The above will be heavily dependant though on just how bad that front corner of the halo is damaged

Andrew
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Like Andrew said, strip it down and post some pictures, If you can't find a place to fix it, you might as well try yourself, what have you got to loose? get some heavy duty pipe and a come along, or chain hoist and see if you can bend it back, again if nobody else will do it, what have you got to loose!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Steve.
The Carb Model number should be on the carb, BOCAR I believe was a standard VW Solex version made in Brazil, but with the carb model number (on one side or the other) you should be able to get the carb rebuild kit from any place that sells VW parts in your area or look on a website called thesamba.com and you should find one easy. If not you could contact Shaun at Vintage Parts in Santa Clarita Ca. at 1(661)295-3927 and he should have it in stock and he will ship / mail it to you (He sells VW Parts only). Tell him that Bob Anderson told you to call him for help... Good Luck!!! And welcome to the Tow'd Group!!!
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

So Steve...
A year + down the road now, what is the present state of affairs?
Where are you located? Maybe there are knowledgeable members nearby. Tow'd owners from this group are spread coast to coast!
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502