Redbuggy. com "Adventuress Wanted"

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

For those of you who haven't followed Thomas McAlevey'e redbuggy website. Beginning in 2004, Tom, with his camerawomen, Yoshiko, drove his red dune buggy fromSweden down across Germany, Italy, and the entire African continent. His website consists of blogs from that trek, as well as present day rants about how difficult it is to get an independent film released and distributed to mainstream audiences.  Compounding his frustration was the fact that his film"Adventuress Wanted" won Tom the Best Directorial Debut at the New York International film festival.   I know Tom has made numerous trips to Los Angeles, and even spent some time with Bruce Meyers.

Although Tom has screened the film before to very small audiences, he never was able to secure a distribution deal, and the film has not been released in all these years . . until now!
Tom has moved on to start an internet radio station, Radical FM, and maybe having grown tired of dealing with the film industry foolishness,  is making his entire 85 minute film available for free.  He is asking for donations through paypal (I happily made one, considering how long I've wanted to see this movie) which seems only fair given how much time, effort, and money he put into this. You can also purchase a physical DVD copy online as well.

Get it today at www.redbuggy.com
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

I could not agree more Scott, I too had been waiting ever since the start of his journey to enjoy hid film. I've also made a donation and troubled Tom for an authigraphed copy of his DVD. I was too shy to push my luck to have Yoshiko also sign the DVD. Maybe one of these days, France and I can Yoshiko sign it on a Dune Buggy trip through the back country of Japan! I just have a new bucket list item.
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Oh Yes
one of my favorites
a one arm man trying to make a sex scene on a buggy adventure
while the adventure was fun to follow the final product left me walking out of the room
some parts were good though  but over all was not for the discovery channel