East Coast Dune Buggies - new website on the net

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gary0302

East Coast Dune Buggies - new website on the net

Post by Gary0302 »

East Coast Dune Buggies (eastcoastdunebuggies.com), a relatively new hangout designed to offer original articles, news, schedule of events, and local information as it relates to fiberglass dune buggy owners here on the east coast of the USA, also presents a worldwide gateway to the various websites and forums that may offer valuable information to both newcomers and experienced owners alike. The home of East Coast Dune Buggies still has some progress to make before it is completely finished (some internal links not activated, articles still being drafted, etc), but the doors are now open so that you can tour and see what has bee completed so far. 
Please take some time and check out the original Volkscast Radio broadcast from November 2006, as host Ray Iddings interviews Bruce Meyers; the two-part interview is almost two hours in length.

East Coast Dune Buggies - Interview with Bruce Meyers on Volkscast Radio 

The recently-released Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owners Locator Map (New) was planned from the beginning to be an integral part of this idea; at least it was possible to get that segment up and running before the ECDB doors were unlocked and the Welcome mat was placed at the front steps.

Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map

Directions for submitting information for your dune buggy can be found here:

East Coast Dune Buggies - FDB Owners Map Directions

The ultimate goal of this concept is to not just feature one exclusive point of view, but to present different options or ways of thinking about a particular problem or situation. Article submissions are always welcome, but it would be best if the basic idea was discussed in advance so that efforts are not wasted. I can be contacted at ecdunebuggies@aol.com, for those that also may be interested in providing information on dune buggy related events (past and future), clubs, new products, along with ideas on how to tackle certain challenges that may present themselves during building and/or maintenance. These articles do not have to be too extremely detailed in nature, in fact my hopes are that most of these articles with provide just enough of an education that when it is time for the reader to gather more detailed facts from the various (and valuable) forums, he or she has a better-informed starting point to use as a foundation. (I edited this post one time so that my signature appears at the bottom).

East Coast Dune Buggies - Home
Last edited by Gary0302 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Holbrook
Manx Club Member #2831
East Coast Dune Buggies
Coastal North Carolina

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." Dale M.

Check out my skydiving, bungee jumping, and dune buggy videos on Youtube