Corvair Powered Myers Manx

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
gjimus

Corvair Powered Myers Manx

Post by gjimus »

I have a Corvair powered Myers Manx and would like additional information. The buggy has Corvair subframe including suspension and 4 speed transmission. Was this a standard kit? Were there instructions from Myers Manx on how to mate Corvair subframe to shortened VW chassis? Same question on wiring. Would appreciate any information.
Sparkster

Re: Corvair Powered Myers Manx

Post by Sparkster »

Mike Dario, Manx Club current board member, has a buggy with similar engine/drivetrain support framework.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Can you provide some pictures? I have a Manxvair CV, it has Corvair rear suspension/drivetrain and VW front suspension. There were also the Manxvair CC which has Corvair rear suspension/drivetrain and Corvair front suspension. My Manxvair also has the Meyers Manx factory tag and serial number.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
gjimus

Post by gjimus »

My Manx has the Corvair Engine, Transmission and rear suspension and VW front suspension and pan. So that would make it a Manxvair CV. The reason for my questions is I am going to start a restoration on the Manx this spring. The Manx runs and drives but is very rough. I am trying to gather information on how the Corvair rear should be attached to the VW front. Was there / is there a wiring harness available. Easy to make one but a wiring diagram would be helpful. I will goggle Manxvair CV and see what I can find. I am not able to figure out how to add photos, are there instructions somewhere?
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

The first post in the Manx Club Gallery explains how to create a gallery and post pictures.

The Rebel Wiring kits seam to work really well.