Fellow Buggy Enthusiasts - I NEED YOUR HELP .....

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Hi there Fellow Buggy Enthusiasts,

My name is Brad and I am lucky enough to be trusted to run Meyers Manx Australia and I, like most of your have been very touched by the way in which Bruce and Winnie have not only helped me out over the years but been so open with their hospitality and friendship.

So why am I here asking for help ?

Well many years ago I gave Winnie an original Australian Meyers Manx Badge so she add it to her collection.

Now as you would be aware Bruce recently had his 85th Birthday and invited close friends and family to share it with him. As you would expect from a guy like Bruce a great deal of people attended and a great day was had by all.

So fast fwd till today ... I am staying with Bruce and Winnie sorting out the packing of the shipping container with the molds for the Manxter 2+2 and shipping them back to Australia. Whilst doing this I find out that sometime during Bruce's 85th Birthday some total SCUM BAG has stolen the not only the original Australian Meyers Manx Badge but also the original USA Meyers Manx Badge from her display cabinet.

Now Bruce and Winnie are way to nice a people to be treated like this by not just any SCUM BAG but one that they either invited into their home or was bought by someone whom they trusted.

To suggest I am pissed Image is an understatement and I am really hoping that someone on here maybe able to help me out in locating the items which were removed from the cabinet on the day and return them to their rightful owner ...

Please pass the word and keep your eye's open for the badges, they are not that common or valuable to anyone who is not part of the buggy community so I am confident they will surface sooner or later.

If you wish to contact me my email address is brad@meyersmanx.com.au

Cheers,

Brad
www.meyersmanx.com.au
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Unfortunately, we must share this world with Scoundrels.
Ed
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Brad,

Are there any pics of the same items that were taken so that all of us can watch for them and know what we are looking for? How many were at the party?

You are right when you said that this was wrong, and I would have said it a bit different and would have been censored!!!

Thanks for any help.

Bob
Last edited by bobmanx on Tue May 10, 2011 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobDi-ID-1109

Post by BobDi-ID-1109 »

To the person or persons who have stolen these items. Bruce and Winnie are the most loving and caring people I know, and anyone low enough to steel from them belongs in jail. Being retired from law enforcement, if I find out who has stolen these items, I will do all I can to make sure they are treated as the burgler which they are.

To the buggy community, keep your eyes open on all the web sites for these items.

Bruce and Winnie are loved by so many people and to think a guest at the house would steel from them just honestly makes me sick to my stomach. We all support Bruce and Winnie, so lets get busy and find the items and the THIEF...

Bob and Dianne
Baumgartner
member 1109 
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

It is so disheartening to think that there are creeps out there who would take advantage of two wonderful people who graciously open their home to them.  It is even more despicable when those who are hurt are Bruce and Winnie, who have given us so much.
This is a very small community and those are extremely rare parts. They will surface, we will find the thief, and then get the items returned to Bruce and Winnie.   

Keep your eyes open everybody . . . let's do everything in our power make things right.
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

This item is on Ebay. It's a Meyers Manx Badge I've not seen before. Just a heads up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Meyers-Manx-front-badge-dune-buggy-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem231093e6d6QQitemZ150601983702QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

One can't get much lower than stealing from a friend. If he's a rooster, let's make him a hen....!

Bob K
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

That badge on eBay's a (Karma Coachworks)  Manx SR2 hood badge, a repro by the look of it. It's the same as the one I've got on my Manx, it's not the same as one of the missing ones...

Last edited by manxdavid on Wed May 11, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
surfnc

Post by surfnc »

I am also saddened by someone feeling the need to take anything from such wonderful giving people as Bruce and Winnie.  Where would we be without what Bruce has quite literally given the world "a smile on wheels".

As to the badge on eBay,  it is a reproduction SR2 badge.  I know because I sold it to the guy a few weeks ago represented as just that, a "reproduction SR2 badge in rough condition". I do not know where he came up with his story.  This badge stuff has gotten way out of hand, the last real one sold on eBay for $1975.00.  Which is more than I paid for a complete body with badges and serial number plate.

Vince
surfnc

Post by surfnc »

I had to add this.  I got an e-mail today from the guy who bought the badge from me here is a quote:

"Thanks for the badge, however my 3 year old was playing with it and I
can't find it any where. Did you mention that you had one more? Let me
know my manx looks naked with out it."

Looks like his 3 year old knows how to sell on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaym...ME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123
YumaManx

Post by YumaManx »

What is sad is that this person had to be close enough to Winnie and Bruce to be invited to the event. Talk about no class.
Tom-Szwajkos

Post by Tom-Szwajkos »

Hi Brad,

I cannot believe someone stole the badges at Bruce's birthday party. I had planned to be there but was sick. Last Christmas, I took some pictures of Bruce's shop and display cabinets. I will look through them and see if any of the badge items are in the pictures.

If they are I will forward to you.

I will also keep monitoring Craig's list and Ebay to see if these badges pop up for sale.

Scum bags is too kind a word for these thieves.

Regards,

Tom Szwajkos # 295