The "Last" Manx: Gecko Green Manxter #5083 -An Introduction

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
atomicaerospace

The "Last" Manx: Gecko Green Manxter #5083 -An Introduction

Post by atomicaerospace »

Greetings Fellow Meyers Manx Enthusiasts!

My name is Joshua Golabi, some of you probably already know me from Facebook or The Samba. It's a pleasure to be here.
I am a dune buggy enthusiast who has been obsessed with Bruce and his creation for the past 15 years. I have wanted one of his buggies since I was just a child. Bruce has been my inspiration growing up, and I consider meeting him to be one of the most special moments of my life. He is a very near and dear friend, and I am blessed beyond belief to have him in my life.

With hard work, dedication and persistence, I have finally purchased a Manxter 2+2! The color is Gecko Green, a custom color (Thank you Winnie!!). I was informed that my Manxter is the last Manx produced by Bruce and Winnie before they sold the company (hence the "last" Manx :) :-P )

I look forward to networking and being a part of this community. I am not afraid to ask questions, this community is a wealth of knowledge, talent and information! Any information and tips are appreciated!

jazzy_jeff608

Re: The "Last" Manx: Gecko Green Manxter #5083 -An Introduct

Post by jazzy_jeff608 »

very nice. I bet you can't wait. What number did you end up getting? I put down my deposit a little while ago on my manxter 2+2 and I know I can't wait. Just like you, I've wanted a manx since I was a little kid.
atomicaerospace

jazzy_jeff608 wrote:very nice. I bet you can't wait. What number did you end up getting? I put down my deposit a little while ago on my manxter 2+2 and I know I can't wait. Just like you, I've wanted a manx since I was a little kid.
Hi there Jeff! I will be picking it up next week, i'm very excited! I have Manxter #188-20
Congratulations on your purchase! Be sure to post pictures of your build on here and The Samba. I love seeing people's builds, there is so much to learn from everyone. This whole community is an incredible wealth of knowledge.
jazzy_jeff608

Post by jazzy_jeff608 »

Yeah, I've been stalking people's builds on the samba for awhile. I've got a folder of pictures on my computer of things I want to do when I pick mine up. I ended up with #190 in mediterranean blue. I've got a 70 beetle it's going to be going on. Only thing I haven't figured out is if I want to get it registered as a special construction or try to get the bug registered and legal, then swap the bodies. The bug is a salvage that is out of the DMV's system. I've heard either way is a pain in Cali.
atomicaerospace

jazzy_jeff608 wrote:Yeah, I've been stalking people's builds on the samba for awhile. I've got a folder of pictures on my computer of things I want to do when I pick mine up. I ended up with #190 in mediterranean blue. I've got a 70 beetle it's going to be going on. Only thing I haven't figured out is if I want to get it registered as a special construction or try to get the bug registered and legal, then swap the bodies. The bug is a salvage that is out of the DMV's system. I've heard either way is a pain in Cali.
That's fantastic, I look forward to seeing the progress! I also have a folder filled with photos i've compiled of people's builds.
Unfortunately i've heard California is a big pain with registration :| . I actually asked a question about it on The Samba, and someone saw my post and had one locally in Phoenix he sold me. It worked out quite nicely. I wish you luck dealing with the California DMV!