100 Signature Series Manx's

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
5150bossman

Re: 100 Signature Series Manx's

Post by 5150bossman »

Nice! I've always been partial to yellow buggies. 8) Be sure to protect that signature on the back. Can't wait to follow your progress as you put it together.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

5150bossman wrote:Nice! I've always been partial to yellow buggies. 8) Be sure to protect that signature on the back. Can't wait to follow your progress as you put it together.
Is the signature on the back not just the glue that once held the stainless steel signature badge in place?
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

Is the signature on the back not just the glue that once held the stainless steel signature badge in place?
I believe it is glue. My Mom told me that she found a box of decals for it. I haven't seen the box yet, so fingers crossed it contains the signature badge.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Your dad was a great guy and will I miss seeing him at the runs. Good to see that you are going to put the buggy together.

My signature badge came loose also, luckily I caught it before it fell off. Mine had a clear glue where yours looks more like a silicone, so I guess neither worked very good.
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

Your dad was a great guy and will I miss seeing him at the runs. Good to see that you are going to put the buggy together.
Thank you GotManx, that means a lot. I miss my Dad every day. All of my brothers do too, they all used to be in the club with their buggies as well. My Dad sure enjoyed his Tow'd. He got a lot of use out of it for sure. I'm hoping to do the same with his signature buggy. I would have taken his Tow'd in a heartbeat, but it's too short for me. I drove it once, but having my knees bent that far was not comfortable. My Dad was a lot shorter than me. :D Plus I have small kids, no where to put them on a Tow'd. I'll upload pics of the 'new' buggy I have (besides the signature one I'll be putting together).
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

The signature is a metal emblem, not a decal. when Bruce delivered mine he swore my emblem would never come off. he said it was held on with an industrial polimer. Yours looked like leftovers from double sided emblem tape. hope you find the emblem.
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

My Mom was walking in her yard where the fiberglass used to be when something shiny in the ground caught her attention. It was just a tiny something reflecting the Sun's light. When she put her hand down to pick up this tiny something, out came the "signature" from the sand. Turns out that tiny reflection was a small edge of the signature getting hit with light from the Sun. The rest of it was buried in the sand. So, thanks to my Mom, I now have the signature for my signature Manx fiberglass. My Mom swears that it was my Dad who let her know where it was. Thanks Dad!!
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

wow,just wow! talk to Bruce and find out what he used on my #49 to glue the emblem, as it has never fallen off or loosened. 4356. The buggy has had 17 years of seasonal beach use and was stored wrapped outside for most of the 18 years I have owned it.50975056. I have machine buffed the emblem with compound and wool pad, and no loosening, so whatever the glue it is still holding on. It is that emblem that makes it a signature Manx. It comes with a nose badge, no decals, stainless steel rollbar, stainless steel front bumper, and stainless steel mounting hardware. It was also delivered in person by Bruce. An assembly manual was made for them in 2001, 2 years after your buggy was built; one year later after mine was completed. As this thread proves there are not many still around. I like to call them the rarest of all Manx built. Enjoy the build.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Buckley wrote:My Mom was walking in her yard where the fiberglass used to be when something shiny in the ground caught her attention. It was just a tiny something reflecting the Sun's light. When she put her hand down to pick up this tiny something, out came the "signature" from the sand. Turns out that tiny reflection was a small edge of the signature getting hit with light from the Sun. The rest of it was buried in the sand. So, thanks to my Mom, I now have the signature for my signature Manx fiberglass. My Mom swears that it was my Dad who let her know where it was. Thanks Dad!!
WOW!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

Just sold one of my dune buggies yesterday (looked like a Manx but wasn't), so now I finally have room in the garage for my signature Manx build. First though, I'll need to organize and clean my garage. I will probably work on my current buggy before bringing all of the signature pieces/parts to my garage. And I'll probably redo the epoxy flooring in the garage before starting the signature build as well. Hopefully by January I'll be starting the signature Manx build. I inherited a lot of my Dad's tools after he passed away......those tools will be put to good use for this build.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

hurry up, get to it ,summer is almost here! just kidding, thought you could use a little push. good luck. ps. again there are no decals for the signature series, just the signature plaque ,stainless roll bar, stainless front bumper, and stainless mounting hardware. have fun.
rogerf

Re: 100 Signature Series Manx's - here's another one.

Post by rogerf »

Currently disassembled to install a 3" lift. A bit of a Frankenstein Manx... 1969 Ghia chassis with narrowed Bug pan. :crazy:

Buckley

Post by Buckley »

Hey rogerf, nice fiberglass color!! How do you like having the dual carb setup?
rogerf

Post by rogerf »

Dual carbs? The Webers are fine for the 2110 motor. For clearance and maintenance had to add the 3" lift. Now my seats don't work not to mention steering column.
Capnvic

Post by Capnvic »

How to post pix?
I have #10/100 completed in 2020.