100 Signature Series Manx's

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
lastmanx

100 Signature Series Manx's

Post by lastmanx »

Now considered antiques. Do you own a Signature series Manx? Pictures? Story? Original owner/ builder? There were 100 sold, how many are left after 20 years?
Pajero

Re: 100 Signature Series Manx's

Post by Pajero »

GotManx

Post by GotManx »

#19 Is alive and well.

2002 at Big Bear a couple years after being built with my daughter in the back:

And this last fall visiting my daughter at college:

It is pretty much her car to drive now.

manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Don't forget their are/were at least 5 'Blems', rejects that Bruce sold cheaperer as painters. Blem #5 was sent over to the UK as a plug for authorized Manxes to be molded from over here. You'd never have seen the fault in the purple Metalflake unless it was pointed out to you, Bruce was being very particular and honest.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

I did not know that. yes bruce was very fussy over quality. my #49 was supposed to be delivered in june 2000, but due to production problems did not arrive until October 2000. it was the first of only three blue bodies made in mexico. does your manx have the signature emblem on it? Also is it painted or gelcoat?435643574358505650575058
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I don't have a Signature Manx, I have a British molded Manx 2.

The blem that came to the UK was never painted, it was featured in Paul Shakespeare's (not too good IMHO) buggy book.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

oh sorry. what number is your buggy in the unlimited series?
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

lastmanx wrote:oh sorry. what number is your buggy in the unlimited series?
UK-00-002. Molded in Nov '99

manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Here's one that I built around 15 years ago that came from the mold taken from Blem #5. Chartreuse Metalflake gel coat.

lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Wow, both look very nice. It was a very good use of a blem by Bruce.
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

I have one....now. My Dad bought the fiberglass from Bruce, it is stamped with something like #4 of 100. I will have to go through my pictures to find out exactly what the stamp number is. It's yellow. Unfortunately my Dad never got around to building it and he passed away this past December (2018 - Robert E Lee). Anyways, I now have the fiberglass along with tons of pieces and parts and a chassis that my Dad had acquired before he passed away. He was a member of the club for a long time. He sure had fun at all of the events he attended. I plan on putting the buggy together piece by piece over the next couple years in my spare time in my garage. A great way to remember my Dad. I am member # 998 and have 2 other buggies as well. One I am selling, the other I am keeping. My Dad was there by my side when I purchased both buggies, each purchase separated by many years. I'll post pictures of the signature fiberglass when I have the time. And I'll make a separate post in another thread for the buggy I am selling.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Wow, I can't believe it was not built yet!. Can't wait to see pictures. It shouldn't take years to build it. Its been 19 years already. Sorry to hear of your dads passing. Make him proud with a quality build.
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

Okay, stupid question coming. :P How do I post a picture to these forums? Does the picture have to be on another site and I make an image link to it, or can the picture be uploaded directly to this thread? I'm leaving now, but may have time tonight to try again.

As for the build.....I am starting from scratch. Even the pan is just 1 piece, no axles attached to it. But everything is in GREAT condition. My Dad collected excellent parts for this build.
Buckley

Post by Buckley »

Think I figured it out. Can anyone see the image?

Buckley

Post by Buckley »