need BENCO RACING input

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
YellowSafari

need BENCO RACING input

Post by YellowSafari »

I am looking for a 002 trans, not finding many candidates. So Benco is an option I would like to know if anyone has used them, and their experiences. Product service so on.

Thanks Mike
mightymanx

Re: need BENCO RACING input

Post by mightymanx »

I purchased a type 1 freeway flyer with welded gears and all the other performance parts in it 2 years ago. I love it and haven't had any problems. It has about a thousand miles on it and it is quiet. Hope this helps.
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

There are quite a few excellent transaxle repair & builders in SoCal!!! I've bought many Beetle IRS & swing transaxles, 002 (3 rib) & 091 (6 rib) transaxles for customers from RANCHO over the last 20 years or so & never had any problems/returns!!! I do know of a few that had some fairly minor problems with their RANCHO transaxles & they warranteed /repaired them right away... no problem!!!
KCR Transmissions do excellent work too, though they seemed to be a bit more expensive!!!
I'm not sure if Old Speed is still doing transaxles, but I know of several that had them build their transaxles & they did excellent work too!!!
Wright Gearbox is another awesome transaxle builder... well worth checking into!!!
WR Trans in Monrovia is a Mendeola dealer & they do great work too!!!

Your best bet is to buy a Dune Buggies & HOTVWS mag & check the vendors ads!!! If someone rebuilds transaxles or whatever in the VW world & doesn't do a good job... usually they will go out of business or quit doing transaxles!!!
NOTE ... RANCHO has a lot of vendors that sell their rebuilt transaxles!!
So make some calls & see what place tickles your fancy!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
YellowSafari

Post by YellowSafari »

Thanks for the replies, i just ordered an off road 002 from Benco Racing.