NEW REVISION OF MANXCLUB BYLAWS

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Chicago Joe

NEW REVISION OF MANXCLUB BYLAWS

Post by Chicago Joe »

Is everyone aware that there is a very good chance that there will be some new changes to the Manx Club ByLaws,
on May 06, 2016. You are strongly encouraged to read the proposal elsewhere in this forum.

The proposed changes were posted in a locked thread on the MC Forum, for comment on 22 April, 2016. To comment
you must do so by e-mail to feedback@manxclub.com by 06 May 2016.

Joe
Last edited by vincent9993 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sticky
Chicago Joe

Re: NEW REVISION OF MANXCLUB BYLAWS

Post by Chicago Joe »

I have started to review the proposed changes to the ByLaws, with the existing By-Laws.
There are over 20 pages to look at.
Does anyone have a list of the proposed changes/additions so that all of the members do
not have to do an letter by letter comparison, in order to determine what the proposal really is?

Post by 1856 »

Joe I did contact a Board member with that same question... It seems, That the individual did not know of the particular changes.

It seems if the Board wanted club membership it look over the changes & comment they should have clearly shown the changes and explain why the board wants to change them???
Mark Bryant

4-25, 5:35 Great to see the admin up dated the proposed changes to the Bylaws .... links are in a post below.

I think the Membership should be the only authority to change the Bylaws. I realize this could be cumbersome, however under the clubs 501c7 nonprofit status this organization operates for the "Benefit of Its Members", there for only the membership has the powers to amend our Bylaws.

The article below as amended is at odds with the 501c7 ethics.
ARTICLE XX
WRITTEN CONSENT OF DIRECTORS ADOPTING BY-LAWS
We, the undersigned, are all of the persons currently serving as the directors of the
Manx Club, a California nonprofit corporation, and, pursuant to the authority granted to the directors by these Bylaws to take action by unanimous written consent without a meeting, consent to, and hereby do, adopt the foregoing Bylaws, consisting of 19 pages, as the By-Laws of this corporation."

This is wrong ONLY the membership can change the By-Laws
Mark Bryant MC# 1856
Founding Manx Club President
Last edited by 1856 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

i can't seem to find were the club bylaws are posted. Could someone supply a link or point me in the right direction? Thanks.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

It's at the bottom of the main page under "Manx Club Official Announcements."

Also, here is a link
http://www.manxclub.com/pdf/bylaws2016-Draft.pdf

Just be aware that none of the proposed changes have been highlighted so you will have review the current by-laws to compare it to.

I believe this is a link to the current by-laws to compare to.
http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=5

Anyone have the time to do a side-by-side comparison and post it here? :crazy: :clap: :mrgreen:
principiab

Post by principiab »

A track change version has been uploaded as of this morning.

Connie Breedlove
Club Secretary
Member 1634
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

A quick scan reveals that you might have missed something. You picked up a lot of incorrect punctuation and grammar. Here is a miss:

"ARTICLE XX: DISSOLUTION OF THE CORPORATION
If the Manx Club board of directors concludes that the corporation can no longer continue to function in the manner intended by its ( founding fathers) founders and as outlined by the herein by-laws, then the corporation shall be dissolved.
In the event of dissolution, the assets of this corporation shall be distributed as provided for in Section 23701(d) of the Revenue and Taxation Code of California, or as provided for in Section 501(c)(3 7) of the Internal Revenue Code as said laws now exist or as they may be amended in the future.
WRITTEN CONSENT OF DIRECTORS ADOPTING BY-LAWS
We, the undersigned, are all of the persons currently serving as the directors of the
Manx Club, a California nonprofit corporation, and, pursuant to the authority granted to the directors by these Bylaws to take action by unanimous written consent without a meeting, consent to, and hereby do, adopt the foregoing Bylaws, consisting of 19

pages, as the By-Laws of this corporation."
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

I think that a copy of all correspondence sent to feedback@manxclub.com should also be posted here. This will help to eliminate duplicate items being sent to those who are using the feedback mailbox.

It will also help all of the membership to see what is happening on this item.

Joe #1118
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

The Bylaws document is available for your review in the Manx Club Members section under Manx Club Official announcements

If you are an active club member and do not see this section, you need to update your forum profile with your Manx Club member number.

To update you profile, you can follow this link: Update profile
Please note that once you've updated your profile, the access can take up to 1 day.

Post by 1856 »

1. Vincent what percentage of the membership follows this blog?
2. What about the largest sector of the membership, what did the Board do to inform them, did they have an opportunity to vote on any of the Bylaw changes you instituted ?
3. Why haven't you responded to the questions regarding the changes or requests for information?

Mark Bryant
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Mark
Purely a guess on my part but I would think thathat the majority of members are online these days. I suspect the percentage would be similar to the numbers of electronic/mail ballots from the recent director election. This IS the club forum so I would think the majority would have the capability of reading this thread. Whether they take advantage of the opportunity is entirely their choice.
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

1856 wrote:1. Vincent what percentage of the membership follows this blog?
2. What about the largest sector of the membership, what did the Board do to inform them, did they have an opportunity to vote on any of the Bylaw changes you instituted ?
3. Why haven't you responded to the questions regarding the changes or requests for information?

Mark Bryant
Good day Mark,

There are about 250 identified users that are active Manx Club members. These users went through the trouble to update their profile with their membership number on this forum and has granted them access to the VIP section. We do not track visits at the user level and I can't provide you with details on who is following this forum per user.

The BOD used the forum to share the changes to the Bylaws and allowed the members that wished to do so, to provide feedback. No voting process was done on the changes and were in accordance to the defined bylaw directives found in ARTICLE XVII: BY LAWS: INSPECTION AND AMENDMENT. The BOD also disclosed this activity at the open meeting at Big Bear 2016.

I'm not sure what you mean by not having responded to the questions or request for information. We posted a detailed document addressing all the feedback received during the feedback period. This document is posted in the VIP section http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=3805

I hope this answers your questions, feel free to contact me if there's anything else I can do for you.

Vincent

Post by 1856 »

Vincent, Chicago Joe, and I along with others clearly had question and remarks, that you failed to respond on this post and other posts on this blog.

You failed your leadership duties when you negated to provide the transparency needed for changes of the Bylaws, and the other earlier changes you made(ARTICLE XVII), to the entire Membership. Our Clubs state and federal nonprofit status is based upon conditions set forth in the 501 C7 it clearly states this club is for the benefit of its members.

By not taking the changes, of the Club,s Bylaws, to the entire Membership you denied a majority of Club Members representation as defined in the 501 C7 nonprofit state & federal statues.

This Club was formed in the USA perhaps you are having a difficult understanding the difference between our two countries. Here we do not deny representation, we strive to to be transparent
and provide answers when questioned.

Oh, yes I was one of the users who went "through the trouble to update their profile" .

Mark Bryant
Founding Club President
Last edited by 1856 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

My concerns on the By-Laws changes were plainly stated in a previous post.
I received a quick response and most of my concerns were addressed and made part of the process to change the Manx Club By-Laws in April 2016.

There may be a few concerns for me in terms of some policies/methods that are now being followed, but for now I will keep close consul, and pick the battles to be fought. For example:
* Why do we continue to use Facebook, as it is not an authorized Manx Club venue?
* Why is it necessary to visit up to 6 sites to get detailed details of all Manx Club Events?
* Why are the BOD meeting minutes not posted in the VIP or other secured section of the Manx Club Forum?
* Why are the changes of member information, made on membership renewals, & emails not posted to the Membership database in a timely basis?
* Why does the Manx Club not have a detained budget that is followed?
Joe Spittler - 1118
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Chicago Joe wrote:* Why do we continue to use Facebook, as it is not an authorized Manx Club venue?
* Why is it necessary to visit up to 6 sites to get detailed details of all Manx Club Events?
* Why are the BOD meeting minutes not posted in the VIP or other secured section of the Manx Club Forum?
* Why are the changes of member information, made on membership renewals, & emails not posted to the Membership database in a timely basis?
* Why does the Manx Club not have a detained budget that is followed?
Good evening Joe, I'll try my best to comment and answers some of your concerns.

Use of facebook: The BOD had a discussion on this very topic at our last BOD meeting and we have decided to table the discussion until January when the new BOD member officially joins.
Use of micro sites for events: We try to post the most important information on the Manx Club website. The local event organizers have expressed a need for more content management flexibility to have more and quicker controls to publish information leading up to and during the event. Until we find a more flexible CMS (Content Management System) on the current Manx Club website, it will be difficult for the micro sites to be replaced. We will continue to look at alternatives for tools our local event organizers could use.
Meeting minutes: We have been posting meeting minutes on the VIP section for quite some time now. There is a delay between the meeting and publishing the minutes to allow the BOD members to review and validate the actual minutes. You can find them published in the VIP section: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=89
Membership database: Every effort is made to keep our membership database as accurate as possible. We have looked at creating an online service for members to automatically update their info but we are still looking for a secured option that will meet our needs. Until then, we will continue to do our best to keep our records up to date as possible.
Budget: Local event organizers are now submitting event budget before and after events and is being used by the Treasurer. We are also publishing the financial statement annually in the Manx Mania.

Thanks for having taken the time to provide your concerns and area of improvements. The BOD will continue to look for ways to improve.

Have a great evening.