"Who are you?"

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Bradspurplemanx2

"Who are you?"

Post by Bradspurplemanx2 »

I'm a little out of date with screen names. I know many of you by your real name and or your buggy. Just wanted to get to know who you really are. I'm Brad Mandak. I'm just outside of Rochester, NY.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1421727857554.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421727857554.jpg (108.24 KiB) Viewed 9120 times
Last edited by Bradspurplemanx2 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfnc

Re: "Who are you?"

Post by surfnc »

I am Vince, live on the Outer Banks of NC (where the Wright brothers flew and Jim Cantore comes to cover hurricanes). I am also the co-founder and one of the organizers of The Manx on the Banx East Coast Manx Club event.

http://www.ManxOnTheBanx.com

This is my personal Meyers Manx:

I also do fiberglass work.
Bradspurplemanx2

Post by Bradspurplemanx2 »

I like the Jim Cantore add in. :D Nice tires by the way. :wink:
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

"Who who , who who..."
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

My name is Adam Hostetler. I currently live in the Philadelphia suburb of Warminster, PA. I've been into buggies since 2005. My first one was a Berrien Citation that I picked up in Michigan when I randomly ran across it for sale alongside the road. I spent 3 years doing a complete rebuild (including the engine) on it and it made it's first appearance at a Manx Club event at Carlise 2008.

At Carlise 2010 I saw Manxter 39 on display by Denmat Cars out of Massachusetts. I fell in love and John Denmat mentioned that he was actually looking to sell... I had been wanting a 4 seater for a while so that I could drive my daughter (who was born in 2007) around with my wife and I. So I sold my Berrien to a guy in upstate New York (who I never heard from again) and I'm now the proud owner of Manxter 39.

Last edited by 73SpeedBuggy on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Mike "Manxvair" Dario from Southern California. My dad used to build Meyers Manx buggies when I was kid, of course we had our own, an Orange one. I am currently on the Manx Club Board of Directors-Treasurer (Thank you to all that voted)My wife Lori Ann is the club membership chairperson. We currently have 2 buggy's, His is a 1969 Meyers Manxvair and Hers is 1970 Tow'd. Along with several West coast events we've been fortunate enough to drive cross country on the 2013 Sea to Sea Safari and attend 3 MOTB events. In 2014 we did the Baja tour to Cabo San Lucas and in 2015 we are going on the Shuffle to Buffalo.

the Manxvair on the beach in Cabo San Lucas, with The Sea of Cortez in the background.

Lori Ann's Tow'd. Big Bear 2014
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

manxvair wrote:Mike "Manxvair" Dario from Southern California. My dad used to build Meyers Manx buggies when I was kid, of course we had our own, an Orange one. I am currently on the Manx Club Board of Directors-Treasurer (Thank you to all that voted)My wife Lori Ann is the club membership chairperson. We currently have 2 buggy's, His is a 1969 Meyers Manxvair and Hers is 1970 Tow'd. Along with several West coast events we've been fortunate enough to drive cross country on the 2013 Sea to Sea Safari and attend 3 MOTB events. In 2014 we did the Baja tour to Cabo San Lucas and in 2015 we are going on the Shuffle to Buffalo.

Lori Ann's Tow'd. Big Bear 2014
Hey, I know that hottie in the passenger seat :crazy: :wink:

Just a couple of wild and crazy kids on a beach near another large body of water (Atlantic Ocean).

73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

manxvair wrote:Mike "Manxvair" Dario from Southern California...
Mike forgot to mention that he and Lori Ann are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet!
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

We are Bud Zeller and Susan King-Zeller from Wilmington, NC. I am one of the co-organizers for the Manx Club's Manx On The Banx events that's held every Columbus day week in October (http://www.manxonthebanx.com). I also server on the Manx Club's Board of Directors. Sue and I have been in the buggy business since 2004 and a member of the MC. Come meet us in the Outer Banks of NC in October.

Our buggy is currently being over hauled so it will look a little different very soon. http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3371

I was lucky enough to chauffeur this young guy around the OBX.
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

Hello! I'm Brian Giles, and my Manx is Loretta!

I work in Columbia, SC but travel home on the weekends to Kingsland, GA. I've been a VW lover for many years, and have owned 7 or 8 fiberglass buggies off and on.

I didn't know the history or what a Manx was until last year when I bought a Tow'd. I had it authenticated, then stupidly sold it. The lure of another car was my issue.

I now have Loretta, and she's currently in West Virginia getting "Wheelerized". She'll have a totally different look once she's done.

My wife Tanya and I attended Manx on the Banks 2014, and my wife finally understood why I love this community so much. We came home and I purchased a buggy for her, and it will soon be on the road too!

You can follow joescoolcustoms incredible work on Loretta's build thread here: http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365

If you've never attended a Manx Club gathering, you have no idea of what you're missing!!
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

You probably won't learn much from me but in the interest of this thread, here's my contribution.

My name is Vincent Parisien. My wife, France Rousseau, and I have been a Manx Club member since 2005. I got addicted to this hobby in the late '80 when my dad received a Dune Buggy on a trade-in on a tractor sell. In 2009 France and I set out to drive our red buggy to California to meet Bruce Meyers for the 1st time. I also serve on the Manx Club board of directors since 2013.

His: Berrien Nostalgia on 1959 pan - Driven about 85,000 miles (Visited all 49 continental USA)
(Rebodied in 2009)

Hers: Kick-Out-S.S. on 1969 pan - Driven about 31,000 miles
(Built in 2013)

July 2013 - Top of Mt.Washington, NH
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Ed Chenal
I live in Southern California and I've been a member of the club and a frequent participant for a number of years.
Last edited by Ed-Chenal on Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed
Oz-Towdster

Post by Oz-Towdster »

Hi , I'mm Andrew Westwood , and i hail from Queensland Australia
Iv've been playing with buggy's for approx the last 20 years here and more recently ( and comming back soon i might add ) in Southern California
Am a sheetmetal worker by trade , but work as a commercial glazier , its a long story
Other interests are a long time assosiation in the Scouting movement , and sailing both large and small boats

My old manx , 1835 ,twin 40 idf's swing axle , NO lift kit , but an unstopable little ride that i should never have sold

My Towdster ( currently under restoration ) will be 2387 , 5 rib bus box , 3x3's , 6" wider front end , etc etc etc , best you read the build thread in the Towd section

And the wifes Baja Bus ( also currently in restoration ) 3.3lt Subaru flat six , an 091 tranny , the lift obviosly , and a hole lot more when i get around to finishing it
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Jay and Christy Rasmussen - Yorba Linda, California - My Buggy Wrecker / My Baja Freja / My Wife's Thing Heidi -

Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Hi! I'm Scott Drolet of Simi Valley, CA. and currently acting as the Vice President of the club. I've been a continuous member of the Manx Club since it's inception. Most recently, I completed the Sea-to-Sea safari in 2013 with the Darios, then in 2014 I completed (along with a lot of good friends in the club) the Norra 1000 over-the-road trip while the Race Manxter #1969 was grinding it's way over the actual course. Now, in 2015, I'm really looking forward to shuffling off to Buffalo in June.
Happy owner of:
Monocoque Manx (Bruce has not yet assigned a number to it, but I'm calling it Ocho for now) original owner was Jack Jensen, President & CEO of Jensen Marine where Bruce built sailboat molds.

Dunekat, a Chevy ecotec original '67 Meyers Manx engineered & built by David Barrett at Manx Chassis.

The Black Manxter, originally built by Mendeola, then retrofitted and built right with a Subaru 6-cylinder and a 5-speed SubaruGears transmission thanks to Brad at Turnkey Manx .

'65 Tiny Thompson Burro, originally owned and restored by John Dodson with Stainless Steel body panels and fenders.

'65 Tiny Thompson Corvair Automatic Burro, originally owned and restored by John Dodson.