Motorcycle lift.

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
calvin

Motorcycle lift.

Post by calvin »

Has anyone ever considered one of these lifts or something similar, but a little stronger?

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-ca ... -8495.html

I realize it is only a 1000 lb lift, but I think one could be located with a little higher capacity. The things I like about this are it sits low to the ground so you could easily park over it and not waste the garage space. It is inexpensive, even at the regular price. It also seems to fit the needs of a buggy's shape and size. With a 1000 lb capacity it could be used during a build or any time the buggy is disassembled. If one could be found with a 1300-1500 lb capacity it would handle a basic buggy (OK not one of the heavyweights that some build, but a basic buggy).

I have been thinking about these as a convenient solution to the unique issues with a buggy.

Opinions?

Calvin
DIESELDOOG

Re: Motorcycle lift.

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Bendpak has had auto/truck rated lifts like this for years
calvin

Post by calvin »

DIESELDOOG wrote:Bendpak has had auto/truck rated lifts like this for years
I had looked at the Bendpak car lifts, but had never looked at their motorcycle lifts.

I had a couple of issues with the Bendpak (and similar) car lifts. One is that their smallest ones still have a 6000lb capacity, enough to pick up 3 or 4 buggies. They would take up much more space in a typical home garage. They weighed about 800lbs which would make them difficult to move and of course the least expensive ones were still about $1600. The Harbor Freight one is $3-400 depending on the sale this week.

Looking at the Bendpak motorcycle lifts it looks like they have something similar to this lift with a 1500 lb capacity. That should work for a typical buggy. They are more than the Harbor freight lift, but are affordable enough around $1000. Time to look into this more.

Thanks.
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

Here I'm using my motorcycle lift it is inground but its rated for 1750 lb.
http://www.klsupply.com/SHOPLIFTEQUIPME ... RLIFT.aspx

DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Mark,

I have been waiting for you to jump on this.

joe
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

Here is the lift down

Brad

Post by Brad »

keep in mind that for the cost of those lifts you can get a 6000 lbs bend-pak or similar unit.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... 122_126122