Me & Xena... Oh Ya, Patricia Too!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
ManxManiac

Me & Xena... Oh Ya, Patricia Too!

Post by ManxManiac »

Many of you know me & we've met at different adventures, I'm Michael "the ManxManiac", my wife is Patricia & our original authenticated Meyers Manx ID no. M1609C8S22 is the infamous "Xena"!!! We've been idled with a few health issues for the last couple years, but we're on the mend & looking forward to joining y'all on some Adventures in 2015!
We bought Xena in March 98 & I stripped her down & completely redid her! We started driving her in May 2000 & since then we've put over 85,000 (s)miles on her both on & off road! She's been extremely dependable & attracts lots of attention wherever we take her! She runs real well with her basically stock 1600cc, however, for the last 5 years or so, I've been trying to get a 140hp reverse-rotation 6 cylinder air-cooled Corvair engine finished & installed on her! When I bought the engine years ago, I installed it & almost immediately it dropped an intake valve seat in #5 cylinder! I have everything to put her back together, except for the energy it takes to do it! But ... that is changing daily now! Xena loves the sand dunes at Pismo/Oceano Dunes, the Mojave Desert & mountain trails of all types! Hope to see y'all soon!
See ya on the trail...

FulsGld

Re: Me & Xena... Oh Ya, Patricia Too!

Post by FulsGld »

One of my favorite buggies...
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112