Auction

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gary1719

Auction

Post by Gary1719 »

Here is one for you. I went to a auction Saturday to look at a welder. well it was old didn't want to take a chance on it. So my brother spotted three air compressors. One looked new 60 gallon 6 or 7 horse flowed around 11 cfm at 90 The other two were 80 gallons 6 or 7 horse two STAGE. flowed 11.9 at 90. The catch for one of them it was up on a platform up high behind a furnace. So you would need a forklift to get to it. Well they change auctioneers midway thru. this guy was faster. When he got to the first one up high stared at 500 no body bit so he dropped it to 100 hit 150 then 200 then said 225 i looked at my brother and thought oh yea this is going cheap. Then before i could even could get my hand up gone at 225.00 i was shocked and of course was crying.I had just blew a great chance at this two stage air compressor. Now i didnt know what to do stay around and see if the others would go cheap but they were easy to move compared to this one. we decide to stay now it is 2:00 pm we had been there since 8:00 am. So at about 3:30 they were at the compressors they were ready for them two, of course the last two items To be sold. they started of the two stage first asked somebody something the guy answered it has a hole in it. i thought just my luck then i heard a guy say softly in the small return tube from the switch to the tank. I threw my hand up like a cannon went off I'LL give a 100 then 150 i said 200 then 225 i said 250 he said sold i coudn't believe it i got for 250.00. found a guy with a lift gate gave him ten bucks he took it to my trailer and sit it on the deck we strapped it down and gone. We missed the car wash on the way home so i used a can of engine cleaner on it. Then i waxed the whole thing. Why? well some of you have the pictures of my garage manx on top of my bathroom aa yeah anal i guess. Point is it looks like new It will take nothing to fix the line. my camera is broke so no pictures right now. i havent done much on the manx right now, so i thought i would give you this story. Keep the stories coming guy's it is always fun to read and remember we like pictures.