COMING SOON! An Improved Forum Section!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I understand your concerns regarding public viewing of your email address. This topic is still in discussion. In regards to each of your Yuku profiles I do not know how to assist you. Each time I click a Yuku account I get at least 3 different styles and formats. I assumed this was a result of there being a mix of old Yuku accounts and new Yuku accounts being created. I mentioned upgrading the accounts because that is what I had to do in order for my email to show publicly. The new Yuku profiles appear to be more structured to a social network similar in purpose to Facebook and other social networking sites. Older profiles appear to be more basic. I understand the frustration with the requirements and upcoming changes to the forums. The new forums are still in a testing phase and changes are still being made to create a simpler application and approval process. Your input is greatly appreciated and if you are unable to post on the new boards then please feel free to post your suggestions here. The need for your name, location, and email to be visible in your profile is so that the site admins will be able to more easily weed out the duplicate member accounts, spam, and advertisers. Currently there are too many steps and screens to navigate through in order to manage this board properly. Yuku offers a much more simpler and quicker format. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Gary1719

What Fun

Post by Gary1719 »

Will there be a notice when this is ready to roll sounds lke nothing but problems.
TMc2548

Update:

Post by TMc2548 »

Your concerns regarding having a public email have been heard. After all the message boards do belong to the Manx Club. Adjustments to the application process are being worked out and you will be notified what they are and when they will be applied. As for a time-line of events such as when this site is shut down and the new one is open to all is still unknown. The new forums will still need the approval of the Manx Club BOD before that happens. We should know more after they meet up. On a personal note. I'm new to this side of the message boards and I share your same frustrations and concerns. I am doing what I can to make sure that the switch will be as painless as possible. I believe this is a good direction for the club and for what it's worth I endorse it. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Will the new site be tied to Bruce and Winnie's Manx Club site as this site is now or will we always have to go through a seperate web address instead of the "Forums" button from the Manx Club site?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Mike We are trying to cross link as much as we can So our plan was once you log on here, you can jump around as much as you like gene
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

I do not believe that this site goes thru the Meyers Manx, Inc website. That link was severed when the Manx Club spun off. I believe we kept some of the html pages for the sake of convenience. We may be sharing the same vendor, but the actual websites and administration is different. There are also links provided to get to each site from the other one. Ron
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I can still get to this site following links from meyersmanx.com
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)