Winter 2010 Manx Mania

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
jsturtlebuggy

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Recieved my Mania in the mail on Friday.  Since today was a great weather day if you are a duck had a chance to look at it.
Many great articles in it.  Thanks to all that contributed and to Anita & Bob for putting it together. 
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
gregr

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by gregr »

Yes, another great job on the newsletter. Thanks for all you do!
GregR
Ed-Chenal

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by Ed-Chenal »

I sat down today and read the Manx Mania. 
My thanks go out to all of those involved in its creation.
It was a nice finish to the Thanksgiving Holiday. 
Ed
louisb

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by louisb »

As usual Madam Mania did a great job.

--louis
manxdavid

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by manxdavid »

I haven't had mine yet which is strange as us foriegn kids usually end up getting them first...I wonder if you membership's due, I can't find my card but they always used to put the reminder in with Manxmania and I don't recall getting one...Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Madam-Mania

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by Madam-Mania »

You're right David, foreign mail goes first class and we use a bulk permit for domestic--so you probably would get yours faster.  However, this time your name does not appear on the mailing list I was given.  Please check with manxmember@yahoo.com to see if your dues are current.  Note:  "EXP" and a date is printed on all address labels as a reminder, and the Membership chair sends out a dues renewal form as well.  Please let me know what you find out.
Madam Mania, AKA Anita
Grumpy One

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by Grumpy One »

Since January 2008, all posted mail from the Manxclub has the following information in the address portion of the label:

Member Name + Member Number
Month & Year Dues expire
Address
City, State, Postal Code
Country (if not USA)

Joe
MyBlueBuggy

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

Great job on the newsletter Anita. Thank you to all who contributed.
manxdavid

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by manxdavid »

Madam Mania wrote:You're right David, foreign mail goes first class and we use a bulk permit for domestic--so you probably would get yours faster.  However, this time your name does not appear on the mailing list I was given.  Please check with manxmember@yahoo.com to see if your dues are current.  Note:  "EXP" and a date is printed on all address labels as a reminder, and the Membership chair sends out a dues renewal form as well.  Please let me know what you find out.
Madam Mania, AKA Anita
Sorry, I never think to read the label, my eyes aren't that good anyway, I was waiting for the yellow form that they always used to enclose.

If I renew will they send me the missing issue do you think?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
manxdavid

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by manxdavid »

OK, I just renewed by Paypal, but now I'm not sure if I missed a Fall issue, the last one I can find is the Summer one with the green Manxter Dualsport on the cover. That's the last one I can find listed in the '[url=../../forums/93" title="Manx Club Newsletter - Manx Mania]Manx Club Newsletter - Manx Mania'[/url]  section of this forum as well. Was there a Fall issue and if so could someone remind me of what was on the cover to see if they can jog my jaded memory?

Thanks Guys!!!
Gary1719

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by Gary1719 »

I really enjoyed the article on the factory green old school Manx.  Well Done!
jsturtlebuggy

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

David,

Yes there was a Fall issue.

On the front cover has article of "Fall Run in Lone Pine" with a picture of water running down a hill through trees and snow.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
manxdavid

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by manxdavid »

jsturtlebuggy wrote:David,

Yes there was a Fall issue.

On the front cover has article of "Fall Run in Lone Pine" with a picture of water running down a hill through trees and snow.
Mmmm...thanks for that, it doesn't ring a bell though...I'll have another trawl thru the 'filing system' later...Image
Madam-Mania

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by Madam-Mania »

Yes David, I get out a newsletter every
quarter without fail.  The Fall issue features a story on Lone Pine Fun Run
on the cover with a photo of a waterfall.  I don't see it posted on our website, so will follow-up with Ray.  Thanks for renewing, I'll get the current issue to you.
Anita
manxdavid

Winter 2010 Manx Mania

Post by manxdavid »

Madam Mania wrote:Yes David, I get out a newsletter every
quarter without fail.  The Fall issue features a story on Lone Pine Fun Run
on the cover with a photo of a waterfall.  I don't see it posted on our website, so will follow-up with Ray.  Thanks for renewing, I'll get the current issue to you.
Anita
I recieved the latest one thanks Anita. Great work as ever!!!