New to this Site

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
SandTrap

New to this Site

Post by SandTrap »

Hello My name is WES my board name is "SandTrap" I currently have 2 manx clones. I really look forward to going to the upcoming events that you have. I must admit that I am alittle adtimidated by the number of people but I have read the newsletter and looks like a real good time. I Hope You all have a great Holiday Season and I look forward to seeing y'all soon. I will try to get pictures of my 2 cars up soon
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Hi Wes, from a wet & cold England!. What part of USA are you from?,, So Cal is a good bet I reckon.
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

Wes, welcome aboard. Please don't be intimidated, you will not meet a more helpful and friendlier group of people than there are here and you will absolutely have a great time with everyone on the runs. We were all where you are at now so just jump in. Calico in March is the next Manx Club run but there are runs from some of the other buggy groups to go on in between Manx Club events. You can also check out rbcdunebuggy.org and dsb.yuku.com. Again, welcome
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Welcome Wes to the site. If you have two fiberglass buggies you must have the infection the rest of us have to these wonderful go anywhere cars. What part of the world do you call home? I am in Northern California and do try and make as many club runs as I can. We also go on other runs were a bunch of us just get together. Lots of good information here and there are no dumb questions. So ask away if you need help on something.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
SandTrap

Post by SandTrap »

I live in the High Desert in Calif. Hesperia would be where I am from. Yea I love these little cars and in fact just yestrday I drove 958 miles around trip to pick one up. It made for along day. Thank you all for a warm reception and I Look forward going to Calico. Just as a side note to y'all. I think this site is very special and have been watching it for years but never had the guts to jump in. I am a single dad of 2 sons that I have Full custody of and thought what better way to spend GOOD quality time with my boys and Good People. Thank you again for the warm welcome
Manx#102

Post by Manx#102 »

[QUOTE="SandTrap;15468"]........ what better way to spend GOOD quality time with my boys and Good People. [/QUOTE] Welcome Sandtrap. Having gone from a kid myself to an old man with one of these great little cars. I would like to wish you and your boys many miles of smiles and alot of great adventures together.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Your right it is a great family experience. We have kids of all ages on the runs and it has been fun watching them grow over the years. Mine are 17,18 right now and they have always been hooked We have just started their stick shift training and during the Xmas break at Pismo they will all get their shot behind the wheel on Gadget. It was funny when they asked what are wsupposed to drive at Pismo There eyes all got big when I told them" I thought you might want to drive the buggy". So it should be fun Gene C #729
ralphdjeeper

newbe

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi sandTrap,welcome also,see you live in Hesperia , we have two members living there also, myself ralphdjeeper aka crate/man and Dale conklin, give me a call sometime, i will send my phone number by e-mail, get together for a local run, always fun, and know all the trails around here.again welcome.
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

WELCOME Sandtrap!!! Living in Hesperia you are basically in the middle of "dunebuggy paradise"!!! Just a hop, skip & a jump to the best buggy areas in the world!!! Family, kids & dunebuggys go hand in hand, what a great way to have FUN FUN FUN & fellowship with buggistas that are "like minded"!!! There are enough runs & Adventures available, that you will be able to "buggy" non-stop or buggy, take a little break & then buggy some more!!! See you on the trail real soon!!!
SandTrap

Post by SandTrap »

Thank you all for being so Nice
SandTrap

Post by SandTrap »

I would like to say a HUGE Thank you to Ralph and Dale for stoping by my House today. You guys are Great and hopefully we can enjoy many rides together and some Ice cold Beverages also
ralphdjeeper

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Your very welcome Wes,we enjoyed meeting you and your boys,seeing your buggy and projects,looking forward too rides, and getting out on rides,drink's too.