Calico Pre-run Information

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

Were can we park RV I will take off of work. any one else near San Diego Stuart
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

Stuart, you need to call the Calico campground for reservations. 1 800-to calico or 1-760-254-2122 and fill out the Manx club registration. By the way how's the buggy running, nice to see your going. I'm staying in one of the cabins (#1)at the campground. See ya there.
BuggyBob

RV site at Calico

Post by BuggyBob »

If anybody has made resevations on a rv site in section "A" and needs to cancel, let me know before you call Calico and cancel. There are folks who need that spot. Thanks Bob rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net 775-771-6428
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

can you email me a reg from,for the Calico Run. I also have to pay my dues. I well donate a small jewelry box for the raffle prize. Stuart stubenj@san.rr.com
ralphdjeeper

calico run

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Cathy and i will be there,were staying in motel in Barstow,sure hope the weather is good? looking forward to a great time,lot's of good trails there,we get out there quit often. see ya all there.
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

All set D12 Rv site. if I can help in any way let me know. if anything in A or B opens up.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

deadline is getting closer. ive got about 40 members signed up as of today
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hay Bob[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Is there a charge just to come up and make a day run ?, I Can't stay over night but I think I can tow the buggy up on Saturday from Lancaster to make a day of it (about a hour 1/2 from the house)[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks[/FONT]
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

hay stew, just show up.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

As of Monday, 3 March 2009 We have 60 entries for Calico. If you havent sent your registration in, you need to get it to me ASAP. the deadline is Monday March 9. I have to let the restraunt how many people will be there. The tshirt deadline was today, so if you want a shirt and you havent sent in your registration yet I will have a few extra at the run. I will have only large and x large. Calico campground reports that they are about 85% capacity with the club. The menu for Saturday nite dinner will be smoked chicken or pork,beans,biscuits,salad bar,pie and all you can drink soft drinks and coffee. there will be a birthday celebration for Bruce with a birthday cake. Bruces 83rd bithday is March 12. I will have a card for everybody to sign when you check in. See you in Calico Buggybob

Post by 1856 »

Thanks Bob ... Look'n forward to all the fun ... C U there ! :) MnC
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

The 10day weather for Barstow looks like temps in the 70s and low in the 40s. Now, lets all put on our buggy hats and pray for light Ws. Dont say the W word it will jinx us.
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

I have a couple of things for the raffle.
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

I will be going up on thurs if any one else is there. lets have dinner. bob i will help friday morning any way i can. stuart
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

We will be pulling in Friday around noon. I will be in space A11. As of Sunday March 8 we have 68 registered entries with about 5 guests. Also, KIT an Autobody Experience tv show will be there filming the Manx Club. AND Hot VWs Magazine will be there taking pictures and gathering info for a spread in their mag. Medeola motors will be there maybe showing off one of their new Manxters. Looks like a great weekend is in store.