Siggy Manx measurement/dimension needed...

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
manxdavid

Siggy Manx measurement/dimension needed...

Post by manxdavid »

I just got hold of a Siggy Manx dashboard frame, but I'm missing the oval part that the actual column goes through; it's to the right of center of this photo, the oval piece with the big hole in the middle and the smaller holes at either side... Image Could anyone let me know the size of the center hole? I'm guessing it's larger than the size of the column to take one of the rubber grommets in the photo maybe? Am I correct to assume that these are Beetle grommets from where the column goes through the bulkhead? Also would anyone have a spare wheel mounting bracket that they didn't use that they may like to sell? Ta guys...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

David, Yes, the rubber grommets are the stock VW ones. My siggy Manx is assembled so I can't measure the I.D. on the flange but its approximately the same as the O.D. of the grommet, down in the grove, if you know what I mean. I believe the flange is just an exhaust pipe flange. Image http://www.roadraceengineering.com/flangesandgaskets.htm
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I guessed as much, that's what I was planning to use to save making one from scratch. Thanks.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Classic-Manx-71

Post by Classic-Manx-71 »

David, this is one of two collars that came with my siggy kit. Image
Classic-Manx-71

Post by Classic-Manx-71 »

David, these are drawings with measurements of the flanges which came with my siggy kit. Hope they are helpful. Image
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Brilliant, just what I needed Roger.