senior project

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Yes it would be nice to have an original Manx, but at your point in life, don't let that bust the bank. Get what you can afford, since you will still have to put money into it to complete your project. Our buggy is not a true Manx, but we still have just as much fun in it :D . Besides, at your age, you will probably move on to somthing else, sell the buggy (or drive it into the ground :driving: then park it for 20 years in a field :crazy: ) and move on to the career world leaving little time for things like this. How often have I seen this exact scenerio, only to see the person come back to buggies 20 years later saying how they wish thay hadn't sold that first buggy... Life goes on, and we move on to whatever is next on our list of things to do, so don't get hung up on finding an original Manx now. You will have just as much fun with some other affordable F/G buggy, and not worry about it so much when you are driving it. :2cents:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

thank you for that information i will problably sell it before i move on to my career. so i will keep my search going please post if you find anything on the samba or ebay or anywhere for that matter
fubar

Post by fubar »

Look in the Truck Trader too. They have more dune buggy stuff than the auto trader. And if you read them in the store you can put the $1.25 toward the project.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

hey i saw one on my way to school today it appears to be in ok condition it is at a body shop under a tree next too 200 other cars that dont run so maybe he is willing to let it go for pretty cheap. As soon as i get out of school im going to call them ill keep you updated!
tgodber

Post by tgodber »

I know of 3 buggies within 1/2 hour of my home that are outside and wasting away. The first thing the owner said was "It's not for sale!". I guess they don't want to give up their memories. Best of luck with your search!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

thats the same thing that happened to me when i went to buy a destruction derby car everybody said they were gonna fix up them up when obviously they have been sitting there for years. Its such a shame.....
JThw8

Post by JThw8 »

Hey, nowhere in that ad for the brown buggy does it say "firm" make him an offer, lowball a little, it can never hurt. I know we all get little guilt pangs (ok maybe its just me) about getting a real good deal on a real Manx but that doesnt mean you cant try to make the deal even better :) I felt like a crook negotiating the price on mine because the owner didnt really know what they had, but at the end of the day Im a crook with a Manx I love for a great price and the previous owner has cash in his pocket in an amount he was happy to accept.