Manxter #1 on the Auction Block

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Manxter #1 on the Auction Block

Post by Gene-C »

Own a piece of automotive history! Image The first Manxter is going up for auction on Friday October 21st. This auction is for THE original, the FIRST, Meyers Manx ?Manxter 2+2? prototype, a modern rendition of the famous Meyers Manx dune buggy that started the VW-based fiberglass dune buggy craze of the ?60?s. This is the actual car that Bruce Meyers used to develop his new line of Manxter kits, and has been featured in numerous magazines such as Motor Trend, Auto Week, Hot VW?s, Kit Car Builder, and more. The solid, bright red with tan interior color combination was Bruce?s choice for his personal use. The car comes with a pre-production Bruce Meyers signed serial number tag. Full Details Here!
Olli

Post by Olli »

I hope that they get $30K ++++. It would sure help our resale values. Good luck Bruce! Olli
Gene-C

Manxter sale

Post by Gene-C »

Manxter #2 sold for $30K a couple of years ago, so I would hope that #1 would go way higher as it has more trick stuff and a lot more history. Hope so for the Meyers. Resale value? Wouldn't that mean you'd have to part with it? ;) Later, Mike Manxter #9
Gene-C

Sales link

Post by Gene-C »

Here i the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4584237128 I put in my max $ and I'm already out. I knew I would be though. Rats. Thanks, Mike #9
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

It looks like I could bid on this one and not have to worry about coming up with the cash ( LOL )