Charles Manson Buggies

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Charles Manson Buggies

Post by Gene-C »

I was watching a show on tv yesterday, I think it was called Infamous Murders. In the show it stated that the "family" supported itself by stealing VWs and converting them to dune buggies. I knew they had buggies but didn't know they built and sold them. Anyone know what kind they built, anyone have one, pictures, etc. A documented Manson buggy would be a creepy piece of history. Every time I see an old picture of a golden orange Manx I wonder if it could be mine. I don't believe Bruce kept any records of serial numbers and where they went. I could be wrong. It seems a lot of famous/infamous buggies have been lost over the years.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Here is another Orange one for your book of history: Image
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
fubar

Post by fubar »

They are easy to spot because they have an upside down cross on the hood and a bong built into the dash board..
Lee

Post by Lee »

I have been curious about this myself. There's lots of information about Manson out there, but very little about the buggies. Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

In the book "Helter Skelter" there are some pics of these buggies and they look like nothing more than a VW Beetle with it's body removed.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

From various things I have read, I thought they did more with Baja Bugs then FG buggys.