Steering column length

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Tominator

Removable Steering Wheel Hub

Post by Tominator »

[QUOTE="Classic Manx 71"][FONT=Tahoma]I emailed TEKNIQ and asked if they had a hub that would fit a 1971 VW Beetle steering shaft/column, (which is what I am using in my Manx), and they replied by stating they had a 1972-1978 VW Beetle hub and wondered if it woild fit my buggy. I really don't know but would doubt that it would fit if not listed for my year. Anybody know different? TOMINATOR, what year VW steering are you using?[/FONT][/QUOTE] I really don't remember what year the steering shaft is . It has the crush area down at the bottom near where the shaft meets the steering box if that helps . The number on the hub TEKNIQ sold me is 231 and fits very well , but remember that is the hub for the MOMO wheel. It was a while ago that I got it so my memory is not clear but I believe you have to tell them what year the shaft is so the splines match but you also have to tell them what type of wheel you have so the mounting holes match . I also got a hub from MOMO that fits the same shaft and that number is C248 . Hope that helps . Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I don't know if you guys have a company out there called "DEAMON TWEEKS" !?they do the quick release hub plus loads of other cool race equipment:D