Manx Kick-Out Articles

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Manx Kick-Out Articles

Post by Gene-C »

There is a writeup on the new Manx Kick-Out in the September 2009 issue of Hemmings Speed & Exotic Car magazine. Also a writeup on the Manx Kick-Out in the September, 2009 Super VW magazine. This one is in French.
deadeyebart

Post by deadeyebart »

Not to mention my own article at Examiner.comjust a few days ago.
towdster2

Kick-Out articles

Post by towdster2 »

Thanks for the "heads up", Joe, on the Kick-Out articles. I have gone to several book stores today....and cannot find either of those magazines at all. :( Do you know where I can get copies of those two magazines? Thanks. Rick
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I know that Super VWs is published in France. Hemmings info: http://www.hemmings.com/subscribe/trial ... ce=SUBHDR4 Joe
towdster2

Kick-Out articles

Post by towdster2 »

Thanks, Joe! I just ordered the trial subscription to Hemming's Sports & Exotic Magazine, and am hoping that I get the Sept. 2009 issue with the Kick-Out Manx in it. I could not find, anywhere on their web site, any other way to contact them, except to order the magazine. I have been looking everywhere I can to find the Super VW magazine...no luck at all on that one, period. I just sent the magazine an e mail. I wonder if there would be a way that I could locate a club member in France that I could pay to buy, and send, a copy of it to me? Thanks again. Rick
towdster2

Hemmings Sports & Exotic...follow up...

Post by towdster2 »

I had requested a "trial free copy" of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car Magazine...from an offer on their web site. I never received the "trial free issue"., instead, I received a BILL for a subscription, and something telling me that my subscription will begin after the subscription payment is received. I sent it back to them...with a note in it telling them that I had NOT ordered a subscription to the magazine! I had just requested a "free trial issue"...which was one of the choices on their web site...I have never heard back from them again, or received my free trial issue at all. So much for Hemmings Sports & Exotic Magazine. It is not available at all anywhere around here. Rick
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I sent a copy of Super VWs over to Bobmanx and I think he's going to pass it around. I did have a request to scan the article and post on this or another website but I'm pretty sure that the magazine's publisher Jackie Morell wouldn't like this due to copyright reasons etc. and don't want to be on the recieving end of one of his infamous 'cease and decist' lawyers letters... I'm in Paris this weekend for a Jimmy Buffett concert and I'll keep my eyes open for more copies but recon the October issue will on the newsstands by now. Phins up!!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)