next manx club run

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
BuggyBob

next manx club run

Post by BuggyBob »

any ideas or suggestions on the next manx club run should be?
Gene-C

Next Manx Club Buggy Run

Post by Gene-C »

There used to be about one run every 3 months or so. It would seem a good time would be in April or May, either the lower desert or in the upper desert, before it gets too hot. Because of the desire for full hook up type camping, it limits where it can happen. Which means sometimes you have to repeat a Run in the same area. I really like them all.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Do we really need full hook ups? I know the club as evolved to full convience but can't we go back to the buggy basics that Bruce started with. It also gives us alot more options for locations Just my .02$ Gene C #729
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I do agree with Gene, as full hook ups only give you some electricity, that a generator can provide, abiding by quiet time periods. I can usually do 4 days with no problems. It does open up a larger variety of places to go & see.
FAKMANX

Roughin' it

Post by FAKMANX »

Thats the way I prefer to use my motorhome. I enjoy dry camping, otherwise you might as well get a room, and let some body else make the bed. I wish it was still like when my folks took us in the RV, we just pulled over anywhere and camped. That is hard to find these days. I am going to have the buggy out at the river for Thanksgiving. I have been googling the area and plan to check it out for a future run. There are trails all along the banks of the lower Colorado, between Blythe and Yuma. There are a lot of old mines and some working one's too. Some great little swimmin' holes for a refreshing dip. This would be a good early May trip, air temp cool enough water temp warm enough.
Lee

Post by Lee »

"...go back to the buggy basics that Bruce started with." That's what I do! Image "There are trails all along the banks of the lower Colorado, between Blythe and Yuma." Just be sure to stay out of the Proving Grounds. The boys love a moving target! Buggies and Boats in May? That's a distinct possibility! Image
FAKMANX

Im there.......

Post by FAKMANX »

Buggies and boats, two of my favorite things. If there is a big enough sand bar we can do my most favorite thing, thats right SOFTBALL!
ralphdjeeper

A suggestion for Buggy Run.

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi All, I live here in Hesperia,Ca.and get into the mountains and desert around here all the time and know of 2 great trails,dirt,and another on pavement that all three end up at a place known as upperdeepcreek,by lake arrowhead, and there are 4 diffrent places where we could camp,that would hold as many buggys,and campers as well as a show and shine,1.Hesperia lakes,2.Mojave narrows park,3.Sillverwood lake campground,4.the overflow campground for sillverwood lake, all are big enough and have full hookup as well as for tents,and dry camping, fishing,and such,all are close to trails,stores,for anything needed, i will enclude a couple of pictures here showing a little of the trails to be seen along the way, i would be happy to host or lead a run,with a little help,as i have not done anything like this before, and dont know how to go about setting it up, if anyone is willing to work with me e-mail me and we can work on it.thanks
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

hey ralph, email me at rhunter@sbcglobal.net
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I know you guys who like the off road aspect of the past Manx Club events may not consider this to be a real event. But, for the rest of the buggy people in the country that are not into off roading, there is an event they may be interested in. On May 31 & June 1, Mid America Motorsports will be having it's 2008 FunFest. This years featured car is the Meyers Manx. Bruce & Winne have been invited and plan to attend. The event will be in Effingham, Ill. Kathleen & I plan to be there and will hopfully be unvieling the makover of her car as a Manxter S (Subaru powered). Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I would like to add a little something about the Mid-America event. I along with a group of fellow buggiers have been attending the event since it's inception. Last year was the first time we camped on the Mid-America grounds. The camaraderie in the campground was amazing, although nowhere near what I saw on the only Manx Club run I attended. This year with more buggys, I'm expecting somthing close to what I saw at Lone Pine, buggy people are buggy people.:D If you can make it to the event, please consider camping, you won't be sorry.
bkelly

Spring run

Post by bkelly »

What does everyone think of doing Lone Pine again??
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I love Lone Pine. the campground is the best and there are so many places yet to be seen. always a good time.
dirtbugs

Post by dirtbugs »

A spring trip to Lone Pine? I'm in, when do we leave?
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="dirtbugs"]A spring trip to Lone Pine? I'm in, when do we leave?[/QUOTE] Hey dirtbugs,,, have you checked with your wife to see if its OK to use one of her buggies for the Lone Pine trip?? :D