Mammoth Road Trip

The How-to guide for extended travel in your buggy. Share your tips, tools, extra parts, and equipment.
stubenj

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by stubenj »

Hi All
I am taking time off from work living San Diego early Tuesday  morning for mammoth
395 north  what are the best place to stop. no RV motels.
HELP
see you in mammoth
Grumpy One

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by Grumpy One »

I thought Lone Pine was about half way.  Boulder Creek RV Resort might have room for you.
BuggyBob

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by BuggyBob »

Stu, You can make all the way to Mammoth in about 7 hrs.

But Bishop has alot of motels to stay at if you want to stop but you would be only one hour away from Mammoth.
Ed-Chenal

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Stewart,
Towing a trailer from San Diego to Mammoth will probably take you eight hours.  Obviously, you can do it in a day but if you want a stopover on the way, Lone Pine, Independence and Bishop offer good accommodations.  Stop at the Schat's Bakery in Bishop.  It's in the middle of town, West side of the street, Hwy 395.  They have great sandwiches, soup, bread, cookies etc.....

Last edited by Ed-Chenal on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed
Art3358

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by Art3358 »

FYI,

Schatts has a satelite bakery just down the road from the Mammoth Lakes RV resort.  My buggy knows how to get there.
stubby08

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by stubby08 »

We'll be on the road Wed, only about 6hrs of driving. Looking forward to seeing evereyone, should be some good runs and the weather should be great. And of course, sourdough bread (from Shatts) and a bowl of chilli. It don't get better than that.
RalphDeckard

Mammoth Road Trip

Post by RalphDeckard »

Hi all looking forward to seeing you all there,leaving around 7 am Friday morning,driving the Manx,from Hesperia,Ca. only about 4 hr.drive,should be fun.see you there.