WTB: Tagged Yuma Yellow Manx

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
CairoManx

Re: WTB: Tagged Yuma Yellow Manx

Post by CairoManx »

OK I guess it was my bad commenting, but Eric is still in the market for a Yuma Yellow 69 Manx and he's bumped his ad a couple times so I think he probably wants to keep it in the Swap Meet threads.
enesset

Post by enesset »

Cairo Manx, thanks for all the inputs and thoughts, I appreciate it. The search will continue for a 922S (I'm patient) and to be completely frank, I turned 40 this past year and have a few "toys" so getting my wife to "sign off" on getting a manx is going to require me finding a tagged original as her tolerance for another vehicle in the stable is limited 8-)

I was looking at some dated club materials and it seems like there were only 738 total bodies made in 1969 so if I find a very late Yuma Yellow 22S from 1970 or an earlier one from 1968 that might end up having to be close enough.

I will continue searching and in a month or so I will post again to the Swap meet section and just make sure I make it clear that people should email or pm me ideas or leads if they have one so we can keep the swap meet section clean and to the point.

Take care for now and thanks again so much -- Eric (Member #4260)
enesset

Post by enesset »

VICTORY! #17 [url] [-]

Sep 27 14 10:25 AM

I wanted to let all the club members that have been so helpful in my search that I finally found VICTORY!

This past week I found a H922S (literally just a few tubs away from my grandpas from back in 1969).

I found it in Arlington and it was one of those amusing situations where by luck/fate I saw it minutes after it was posted, I made the call, shared my story and then very shortly thereafter paid in full (sight unseen). Someone here had called shortly after I did and offered $2,300 but thankfully I had been in line first.

Tub is painted blue and it appears to be a rough project but frankly I'm so excited it is tagged and H922S that I don't care.

Thanks to everyone that has helped during my search. More to come as I work to put another neglected/decayed Manx back on the road/trail/desert in Baja!
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Congrats!
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Seek and you shall find it.