Picture test (auto resize)

If you have a photos of your buggy then show off your stuff.
vincent9993

Picture test (auto resize)

Post by vincent9993 »

Actual picture size is: 4256 x 2832 but should display in 800x532
manxvair

Re: Picture test (auto resize)

Post by manxvair »

It took awhile to load your picture 1-1.5 min, but it's all there. I went back and looked at some of Lee Hoffer's original pictures with the scroll bars and that is gone now. The whole picture is in view.
Thanks.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Thanks Mike, you are correct, the load times are long but it's somewhat expected because the source picture is actually the original un-resized picture with resolution of 4256 x 2832 and is over 6.5Mb. This is not the preferred method to post pictures (should resize 1st or use the gallery) but we wanted to test the implemented fix on auto resized.

Thanks for confirming the results, we're convinced the fix will help with the viewing experience.
TSFR

Post by TSFR »

Hi Vincent,

Nice picture! It still shows as full resolution on IE11. 4256x2832
Let me know if I can help in any way.

Jeff

EDIT:: After I replied it opened the message again and it was resized to the desired size. I swear it was full size during the initial view, my posting and then changed when it refreshed after I posted my comment.
Thanks,
Jeff TSFR
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Test Pic

I think I got it!
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Vincent, I see that you downsized the file size for the pics I posted on the Laughlin run so they post faster. The web site doesn't automatically do that? Is there a way that I can do that when I post other pics?
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

5150bossman wrote:Vincent, I see that you downsized the file size for the pics I posted on the Laughlin run so they post faster. The web site doesn't automatically do that? Is there a way that I can do that when I post other pics?
The display will automatically resize to 800x600 to ensure it fits inside the frames but the actual picture size being downloaded is maintained. When you use the Gallery, you can use 'tweak' the link to choose the picture size. All I had to do was add: mode=medium to the image link you posted.

Code: Select all

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=94&image_id=1415&display=popup

To: 
http://www.manxclub.com/forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=94&image_id=1415&display=popup
This will use a smaller cached version of the picture in the gallery and make them load much faster.

Hope this helps.

BTW: Thanks for posting all those great pictures.
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Bella going for a ride.

Testing this again.

Tim and Barb
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Thanks Vincent. A throwback to my old coding days. But as I get older, I just look for the buttons now. If there is any way the webmaster could add a button to select that option (or even have it done automatically) instead of me having to add the text to each pic I'm posting, that would be great! :mrgreen: